FTCA & FT Value

SSgt Duramax

It has big control surfaces and a symmetrical air foil and a fair bit of power for it's size. It is great for acrobatics if that is your thing. I was going to build one for when I wanted to start learning 3D.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
It has big control surfaces and a symmetrical air foil and a fair bit of power for it's size. It is great for acrobatics if that is your thing. I was going to build one for when I wanted to start learning 3D.
Simple Stick is also a very stable plane for learning as long as the throws are dialed down.

bisco

Elite member
thanks guys! i'm a newbie, so looking for easy flyer like the tutor. i will take a hard look at it

SSgt Duramax

thanks guys! i'm a newbie, so looking for easy flyer like the tutor. i will take a hard look at it
The P-40 is easy to fly. It is my new favorite plane. The speed envelope is huge and it can fly nice and slow. It is a great second plane. Looks cool too. My landings in it look beautiful, I have never had a plane land like this. You float it down, then let it sit in ground effect until it drops altitude and gently skids to a stop on the grass.

I would say my piloting skills are at the lower end of intermediate.

There is always matthews kadet as well. I made a 20 inch wingspan one and it flies great 3ch.
20211209_001210.jpg
20211205_172229.jpg
20211205_171524.jpg

Last edited:
The P-40 is easy to fly. It is my new favorite plane. The speed envelope is huge and it can fly nice and slow. It is a great second plane. Looks cool too. My landings in it look beautiful, I have never had a plane land like this. You float it down, then let it sit in ground effect until it drops altitude and gently skids to a stop on the grass.

I would say my piloting skills are at the lower end of intermediate.

There is always matthews kadet as well. I made a 20 inch wingspan one and it flies great 3ch. View attachment 213340 View attachment 213341 View attachment 213342
Why is one purple and one is white? Is it the same plane or not?

bisco

Elite member
if they ever put the plans up for sale, you could reduce the print size as desired.

that's what i did with the cub, trainer and duster

Last edited:

JDSnavely

Okay. How about a "home" button on the store page. :rolleyes: LOL. I had the store bookmarked and have not been going to the home page. You've made a lot of great updates. Keep up the good work! The "beginners" tab is pretty intuitive... except for the old guy stuck in the store not knowing it's there!

toptecone

I agree the communication on this could be improved. I really don't think that the free plans were ever meant to be a reason for people to be joining. What I got out of some of the pod casts, they did make it clear that if your goal is 'access to the free plans' then your joining for the wrong reason.

To me, this seems to be the biggest focal point of all the arguments here - joining to get access to some pool of free planes vs the whole reason the FTCA was started and happens to have free plans as something that is there also.

It has gotten to the point were it makes me wonder if they should just pull that benefit from being a member.. or remove it from that page, then maybe we wouldn't have this argument over and over were people appear to be joining for the 'free' plans, not for all the other good reasons for joining.

So let me ask you, did you join to be part of the community and to help out with the goals set out by the FTCA [Bringing Hope to the Hobby] or to get the 'free' plans [I don't see what free plans as a membership benefit helps with that myself]?

Bricks

Master member
^^^^^^^ Me too everything that Flight Test has done for the RC community and the amount of nebies is very impressive. There is no other organization out there that has gotten so many into the hobby and brought back older people.