FTCA Membership information

FTCA Director

Lee Kachner
Admin
Lee,iwrite to you because I have been a member of FTCA since its origin. The deal is we were suppose to get plans every month for a new FT plane and also receive timely e- mails as to what FTCA is up to .I have received NONE. So I would really like to get some answes from you or your staff as to whats going on with FTCA or is that the money I payed to join was to listen to some ramblings by you and Josh on a pod cast?
i am not anewbie I have been with flight test for a number of years ,spent my share of money on kits ,attended 2 of the flught test gatherings in july and even worked in the FT store as an assistant to JEN on one of those gatherings. So how about some true information of whats going on at FTCA . Thank GOD for the forums ,its the only vehicle to find out truly whats going on! Respectfully Submitted
fdnyjery aka Jerry Okeefe
Jerry, I'm not sure why you are posting here about this. We already had this conversation via email. Are you wanting to draw attention to the matter or something? I assure you that attention has already been given. If you would like to have this conversation again, contact me via email and we can chat about it. We do appreciate all your support, and I look forward to chatting with you. Thanks Jerry!

Flyingshark

Master member
I guess I could have been more direct/clear when I was replying to @fdnyjery above. Jerry suggested that the monthly plans would be for a new FT plane. That is not accurate. It will not always be a plane. One of the monthly perks was for a 3D printed tool.
Oh, okay. Sorry for misreading the first part. :) The second bit still seems like an issue though... (Not false advertising, but FT could be a little more clear about it on the site)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Lee,iwrite to you because I have been a member of FTCA since its origin.

Wow, this brings back memories... I remember 2020 too!

The deal is we were suppose to get plans every month for a new FT plane and also receive timely e- mails as to what FTCA is up to .I have received NONE.

You want to check your SPAM folder. The emails are going out, so that likely means you either, 1) submitted the wrong email address (typo, see this all the time in customer support) or 2) your email system is being over protective and has relegated those FTCA messages to the deep dark hole in your hard drive.

So I would really like to get some answes from you or your staff as to whats going on with FTCA

Jerry, I'm not sure why you are posting here about this. We already had this conversation via email.

Awkward... I really feel I should just leave this one lie...

or is that the money I payed to join was to listen to some ramblings by you and Josh on a pod cast?

I'm pretty sure the ramblings are available to everyone for free.

i am not anewbie I have been with flight test for a number of years

Ditto!

spent my share of money on kits

Same!

attended 2 of the flught test gatherings in july

Me too!

and even worked in the FT store as an assistant to JEN on one of those gatherings.

Hey, did drunk me write this under a fake account and forget? because I did this too!!!

So how about some true information of whats going on at FTCA . Thank GOD for the forums ,its the only vehicle to find out truly whats going on! Respectfully Submitted
fdnyjery aka Jerry Okeefe

Well... considering that Lee has been instrumental on getting FT information from Ohio HQ to the forums, and.... he's a pastor, working for God... then yeah, I guess GOD would be the guy to thank for the information coming here where it belongs!

Thanks God, thanks Lee!

trey

You want to check your SPAM folder. The emails are going out, so that likely means you either, 1) submitted the wrong email address (typo, see this all the time in customer support) or 2) your email system is being over protective and has relegated those FTCA messages to the deep dark hole in your hard drive.

Ditto!

Same!

Me too!

Hey, did drunk me write this under a fake account and forget? because I did this too!!!

Well... considering that Lee has been instrumental on getting FT information from Ohio HQ to the forums, and.... he's a pastor, working for God... then yeah, I guess GOD would be the guy to thank for the information coming here where it belongs!

Thanks God, thanks Lee!

LOL

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

Ditto!

Same!

Me too!

Thanks God, thanks Lee!

Man Monkey. You Ok bro? You been in a spicy mood lately. We aint gonna see you on the evening news in the near future are we? o_O:ROFLMAO:

alan0043

I would like to upgrade my FTCA membership from Ground Crew to Air Crew. Do I simply sign up again but this time specify Air Crew ?. If so do I need to pay the full $24 ?

I would send Lee (FTCA Director) a message and ask him that question. Get the answer right from the correct person.

Spitfire76

I would send Lee (FTCA Director) a message and ask him that question. Get the answer right from the correct person.
I sent Lee an email asking him that if I sign up for Air Crew will I end up with 2 memberships or is there a way to upgrade my current ground crew membership to Air Crew.

P.S - originally signed up for Ground as I figured I did not need the extra features of Air like insurance which I already have with the AMA. Then recently discovered that not all future scratch build plans will be made equally available to both memberships which was not apparent at the beginning of the FTCA subscription service sign up.

Last edited:

Mr.Grinch

In my initial confirmation email there was a link to upgrade membership. I’m not sure if you have the same thing since I started as spectator and upgraded to air crew verses you starting as ground crew. I would think that there would always be the opportunity to upgrade.

Spitfire76

In my initial confirmation email there was a link to upgrade membership. I’m not sure if you have the same thing since I started as spectator and upgraded to air crew verses you starting as ground crew. I would think that there would always be the opportunity to upgrade.
I checked back on the email titled "FTCA Membership Confirmation" that I received on July, 2 and don't see the option to upgrade from ground to air membership. It did provide my membership number and the following message

"A signed, Printable Electronic Certificate will be sent within the next few days"

which I never received (checked junk mail) but have been receiving the monthly newsletters.

Last edited:

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I checked back on the email titled "FTCA Membership Confirmation" that I received on July, 2 and don't see the option to upgrade from ground to air membership. It did provide my membership number and the following message

"A signed, Printable Electronic Certificate will be sent within the next few days"

which I never received (checked junk mail) but have been receiving the monthly newsletters.

I believe no one has received the certificate, yet. They stated they were having issues with that, as well.
It's a new organization experiencing growing pains.

Spitfire76

I believe no one has received the certificate, yet. They stated they were having issues with that, as well.
It's a new organization experiencing growing pains.
That's understandable and my real question is still on how to upgrade from Ground to Air without having 2 memberships.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
That's understandable and my real question is still on how to upgrade from Ground to Air without having 2 memberships.
There is a contact page on the ftca page, I would contact that and you should get a response.