FTCA Membership information

FTCA Director

Lee Kachner
Admin
We’ve been getting a few emails lately concerning new members not receiving the monthly email. The monthly email goes out between the 12th and the 14th of every month. If someone signs up after that they will not receive that month’s email. The new member will receive the welcome email for the starter package, but will have to wait until the following month for the monthly email.

I would encourage anyone who is thinking about joining the FTCA to do it and not delay. The fact is, the monthly perks far outweigh the membership fee when you add it all up. But I really hope that the perks are not the only reason people would join. People should join to be a part of a community that cares for the future of the hobby. We can do more together than apart!
I hope everyone gets to enjoy the rest of their flying season!!

chrisvdv

I have joined FTCA and paid on the 21st August. Received acknowledgement of registration and was told that a confirmation e-mail would be sent. As of today, 09/09/2021 I have not heard anything from FTCA not withstanding numerous e-mail and contact requests about my application for membership. (I have attached a copy of my bank statement as proof of payment with the last online request)

Can you please follow this up and let me know the outcome.
Thanks

Mr.Grinch

@FTCA Director
Lee, I was wondering how updates go out for upgrade members? I started out as a spectator but recently upgraded to aircrew. Does a new welcome email come out or should I just expect to see the next monthly newsletter or whatever is specific to paid members?
Thank you for what you guys are doing.

FTCA Director

Lee Kachner
Admin
@FTCA Director
Lee, I was wondering how updates go out for upgrade members? I started out as a spectator but recently upgraded to aircrew. Does a new welcome email come out or should I just expect to see the next monthly newsletter or whatever is specific to paid members?
Thank you for what you guys are doing.
You won’t get a new welcome email, when did you upgrade? You should have received the AC email.

chrisvdv

I have joined FTCA and paid on the 21st August. Received acknowledgement of registration and was told that a confirmation e-mail would be sent. As of today, 25/09/2021 I have not heard anything from FTCA not withstanding numerous e-mail and contact requests about my application for membership. (I have attached a copy of my bank statement as proof of payment with the last online request)

Can you please follow this up and let me know the outcome.
Thanks

kilroy07

Legendary member
We’ve been getting a few emails lately concerning new members not receiving the monthly email. The monthly email goes out between the 12th and the 14th of every month. If someone signs up after that they will not receive that month’s email. The new member will receive the welcome email for the starter package, but will have to wait until the following month for the monthly email.
<snip>

Hey Lee-
Like @chrisvdv I too signed up early (I'm member #30) and haven't gotten a single email after the welcome one.
I sent in an email asking someone to check in on that, but have not heard back... Could you look into it for me?
Thanks!!

joelspangler

FTCA Membership ID number 00000035 here - Just wanted to report that the emails are coming through fine for me - the last one coming in Tue, Sep 14, 9:04 PM (12 days ago). Has any thought about adding FTCA membership level or member# to the forum avatar section? I see FlyingMonkey added it to his signature, and thought it's a great idea.

Mr.Grinch

I know this gets said often, but don't forget to check your SPAM folders. Not sure what the algorithms use to filter, but this is the exact sort of email that gets sent to the banishment zone.

So, I had an odd situation where the FTCA emails (after the first two) did not show up anywhere, in any folder on my phone or tablet, which I use daily. I discovered that starting in August my desktop was filtering the FTCA emails into an archive folder that was not present on my mobile devices. I rarely use the desktop so I didn’t think to check it before. I’m not sure what caused it to happen, but I’m glad it was actually on my end and not something that Lee will have to sort out.

fdnyjery

Lee,iwrite to you because I have been a member of FTCA since its origin. The deal is we were suppose to get plans every month for a new FT plane and also receive timely e- mails as to what FTCA is up to .I have received NONE. So I would really like to get some answes from you or your staff as to whats going on with FTCA or is that the money I payed to join was to listen to some ramblings by you and Josh on a pod cast?
i am not anewbie I have been with flight test for a number of years ,spent my share of money on kits ,attended 2 of the flught test gatherings in july and even worked in the FT store as an assistant to JEN on one of those gatherings. So how about some true information of whats going on at FTCA . Thank GOD for the forums ,its the only vehicle to find out truly whats going on! Respectfully Submitted
fdnyjery aka Jerry Okeefe

alan0043

Lee,iwrite to you because I have been a member of FTCA since its origin. The deal is we were suppose to get plans every month for a new FT plane and also receive timely e- mails as to what FTCA is up to .I have received NONE. So I would really like to get some answes from you or your staff as to whats going on with FTCA or is that the money I payed to join was to listen to some ramblings by you and Josh on a pod cast?
i am not anewbie I have been with flight test for a number of years ,spent my share of money on kits ,attended 2 of the flught test gatherings in july and even worked in the FT store as an assistant to JEN on one of those gatherings. So how about some true information of whats going on at FTCA . Thank GOD for the forums ,its the only vehicle to find out truly whats going on! Respectfully Submitted
fdnyjery aka Jerry Okeefe
Hi fdnyjery,

I would email Lee ( lee@flitetest.com ) your concerns about your membership. I remember Lee saying an email works the best for him. Also include your membership number and the date you joined. All this info can help Lee. Wish you the best to get your problem fixed.

boogieloo

Do they send you a certificate? This membership. Well something like it anyway. FTCA what does this stands for?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
...The deal is we were suppose to get plans every month for a new FT plane...

This is not an accurate statement. When you signed up, the membership page clearly lists Access to select build plans as one of the perks for Ground Crew and Air Crew members...

1635129308020.png

Access to select build plans does not mean you get plans for a new plane every month. Nor does it mean that Ground Crew members will get all the select build plans that Air Crew members will get.

There is a monthly FTCA email that gets sent out. Hopefully @FTCA Director can help get you sorted out regarding your specific issue with not receiving your emails.

Flyingshark

Master member
This is not an accurate statement. When you signed up, the membership page clearly lists Access to select build plans as one of the perks for Ground Crew and Air Crew members...

View attachment 210460

Access to select build plans does not mean you get plans for a new plane every month. Nor does it mean that Ground Crew members will get all the select build plans that Air Crew members will get.

There is a monthly FTCA email that gets sent out. Hopefully @FTCA Director can help get you sorted out regarding your specific issue with not receiving your emails.
According to the Member Perks Explained page, Ground Crew (and by extension, Air Crew) are supposed to get one new build plan per month.
Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 8.50.56 PM.png

---
Nor does it mean that Ground Crew members will get all the select build plans that Air Crew members will get.
It would be nice if this difference in plans between the memberships could be explained on the info page somehow. Maybe say "Access to some select build plans" and "Access to all select build plans"?

Right now it seems like every paying member gets all the selected plans since it says the same thing for both Air and Ground Crew and uses the same icon.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
According to the Member Perks Explained page, Ground Crew (and by extension, Air Crew) are supposed to get one new build plan per month.
View attachment 210461

---

It would be nice if this difference in plans between the memberships could be explained on the info page somehow. Maybe say "Access to some select build plans" and "Access to all select build plans"?

Right now it seems like every paying member gets all the selected plans since it says the same thing for both Air and Ground Crew and uses the same icon.

I guess I could have been more direct/clear when I was replying to @fdnyjery above. Jerry suggested that the monthly plans would be for a new FT plane. That is not accurate. It will not always be a plane. One of the monthly perks was for a 3D printed tool.