FTCC'18 WWII Fieseler Fi 103R Reichenberg

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
P-51!? I would go crazy after seeing that. You should have seen me when my dad brought me to an air show and I saw two of them.

schmerzdj

I wqnna build this without the canopy as the unmanned v1... is it gonna look right or does it thin out too much? Hard to tell

schmerzdj

I got mine made as a v1 without the canopy.... just need all the electronics... since it has such small control surfaces would your reccomend one of those gyro chips????

schmerzdj

I was thinking. The original v1 had a small prop on the front they used to find distance and generate power.... do you think if I added an engine with a reversed prop I could generate enough power to led lights for an afterburner look in the pack of the pulsejet????

(I'm not and can't work this shit out in my head)

jpot1

Elite member
I was thinking. The original v1 had a small prop on the front they used to find distance and generate power.... do you think if I added an engine with a reversed prop I could generate enough power to led lights for an afterburner look in the pack of the pulsejet????

(I'm not and can't work this shit out in my head)
No, too much weight. You can buy an led light kit and power it off the balance lead of the battery.

Pieliker96

Elite member
do you think if I added an engine with a reversed prop I could generate enough power to led lights for an afterburner look in the pack of the pulsejet????

Sure. As @jpot1 mentioned it'll be better to power it off the battery (it'll be much more efficient), but I don't see why you couldn't if you wanted to. With that said, I imagine it'll be a good bit of trial and error to get working well. Here's how I would accomplish this:

You'll want to keep the propeller pointing forwards. If you're using a brushless motor, add a three-phase full bridge rectifier and a smoothing capacitor to it to get an unregulated supply. A brushed motor shouldn't need a rectifier but a reverse-polarity protection diode wouldn't hurt things (along with another smoothing capacitor). Play around with the kV of the motor and the pitch of the propeller to get a "good" voltage: greater than the LED voltage at minimum flight RPM, less than regulator's max voltage at max flight RPM. From there, something like a LM7805 or LM7812 (depending on LED voltage) should provide decent regulation for whatever LEDs you hook up to it - just make sure you're not passing the current capabilities of the voltage regulator, split the strings and use multiple regulators if you are.

speedy7385

Just came across this plan, thanks DamoRC. I don't have any 70mm edf, so I am trying to make a BDF conversion. Will see if it will work or not.

Attachments

• V-1 bomber.jpg
    V-1 bomber.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 0