FTFC: April Showers by Grifflyer, Mini Scout

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
This is my entry for the FTFC April Showers challenge by FoamyDM. I'm using a simplified, modified etc. version of the FT Mini Scout. I decided to use this plane because it is my all time favorite FT plane and I can build it from the printer to the plane in less than 2 1/2 hr.

As I said before it is simplified/modified. My modifications were removing all the curves from the trailing edges of the wing and horizontal stab so that it is easier/quicker to cut out, I made the vertical stabilizer about a half an inch taller so that it can turn sharper, I mounted the servos on the outside of the airframe to, you guessed it, make it easier/quicker to build. All the specs on the airplane are the same as FT's original version.
You'll also notice if you look at the images below, you'll see that I put a cover over the servos and I made some water resistant foamboard using the method described in this video, to cover the electronics bay to protect the electronics from moisture damage

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

As of right now I plan to maiden her in the heaviest downpour possible and depending on how heavy the rain, is if it's a light shower I'm going to fly for a full pack 6-7 min. if it's a moderate rain I do 3 min. if it's a downpour (please be a downpour) I'm going to keep her out for 2 min:D

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I love it Grifflyer! did you do anything to protect the ESC or servos (corrosionX?) or are you banking on the DIY WP foamboard?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Yes that's my dad, no he doesn't fly. He's tried it a couple times and had fun. He says he doesn't want to do it because he's afraid he'll never stop:LOL:
You say that like its a bad thing lol! Does he help you build or is he just the camera man?