FTFC: FT-Build-ruary by DamoRC (The Replacements Edition)

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
very awesome! keep at it. The X-29 is involved a very good looking I bet the diamond is a similar experience.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Got a couple of cans of fluorescent colors for the arrow, one orange and one green. When I searched for some nice pictures of Arrow paint jobs I came across this:

FT_Mini_Arrow_Phoenix.jpg

Then I realized that this was a screen capture from Realflight. But I had yellow paint for the base and my newly acquired orange "fluoro" paint so I gave it a go. Should have no trouble seeing this in the air!

IMG_3133.jpg

DamoRC

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Maidened both last weekend and they flew great. Taking them out again tomorrow, maybe I'll get some vid then.

DamoRC

FoamyDM

Got a couple of cans of fluorescent colors for the arrow, one orange and one green. When I searched for some nice pictures of Arrow paint jobs I came across this:

View attachment 101914

Then I realized that this was a screen capture from Realflight. But I had yellow paint for the base and my newly acquired orange "fluoro" paint so I gave it a go. Should have no trouble seeing this in the air!

View attachment 101915

DamoRC

So perfect! I love it. I can't wait for the videos.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
I have yet to build an arrow myself, but i did help a bunch build them during FFW. That paint scheme will definitely make it easier to see that little plane. My crashtesthobby scythe is about the same and i still regret it being all white lol. I actually lost it at ffw when i got too far away (somebody found it for me).

FoamyDM

I will like to say that the build Logs are superb. :applause:
Don't forget to Rate and reflect. (pot calling the kettle here)

I am enjoying seeing the details you have put into your builds. (magnet hatches, and engine blocks

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Thanks All.

Starting on the Diamond but I think it will be a slow process because I am updating the plans while I am doing the build. Also, a little distracted by a request for a friend to build him Baron after seeing mine this last weekend. Hope to have that one complete for flying combat next weekend.

DamoRC

FoamyDM

Thanks All.

Starting on the Diamond but I think it will be a slow process because I am updating the plans while I am doing the build. Also, a little distracted by a request for a friend to build him Baron after seeing mine this last weekend. Hope to have that one complete for flying combat next weekend.

DamoRC

Well we appreciate the efforts with that for sure. Maybe one of your builds switches to the other Baron (with a different paint scheme) the Last replacement can be Icing on the cake then.

I have my X-29 hooked up and ready for flight. I have done a clear taping of the body for strength and now it's ready for color tape.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Quick update. Build on the Diamond is slow. Got a couple of parts done but my glue gun gave up and I also need to get more foamboard and poster board (for the thrust tube). Also, the first pass a the modified fuse was not great so that will need some more design work. Still hoping to have the Diamond finished by the end of the Month but the C-130 probably won't even get started.

The second Baron turned out pretty nice. The both flew together yesterday (no vid sorry).

IMG_3192.jpg

DamoRC

FoamyDM

I just saw the Diamond Flight Video! great job? is that from the first build set, or are you 3(4) down and one to go?

Either way, that plane is just a joy to watch fly.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I just saw the Diamond Flight Video! great job? is that from the first build set, or are you 3(4) down and one to go?

Either way, that plane is just a joy to watch fly.

Thanks. Its a nice plane in the air. That was an older build that I made for a guy at the field. He has a friend who has one of the original turbine versions and really liked the EDF version I was flying at the time.

The new build is going really slowly mostly because I am trying to modify plans to update the build and build at the same time and a small change in one part of the plane leads to other pieces that need to be updated an tested. In my frustration I am doing some simple builds in parallel - just started an FT Trainer.

So one way or another I will probably have built four planes in Feb, just not the four I set out to build.

DamoRC

FoamyDM

Well good job either way, and Excellent for taking on the challenge.
Like me two hard, two simple.

It's so crazy how long tweaks seem to take sometime. My ex used to be int the garage while I wood worked and would yell at me because I did nothing for an hour as I was working out a workaround for something that hadn't panned out. sometimes it comes quick, sometime not. I can't wait to put this on my build table.

-FoamyDM

FoamyDM

@DamoRC for the Build-ruary stuff I seems all you need for two of yours is the Take-away stuff and build and fly ratings.

I'm looking forward to your takeaways.