'FTFC: FT-Build-Ruary by FoamTest - The Prototypes.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I am but I am at my grandmothers at the moment, I will upload them tonight. One is a better video of the mustang flying and the other is the build for the Discovery. I have the mustang one edited and the discovery one half way done. I'll try and get that uploaded over night tonight. Will post updates later.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
UPDATE, I can’t upload the videos tonight because my parents are watching Netflix but they will be uploaded sometime tomorrow/ this weekend.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
UPDATE, I can’t upload the videos tonight because my parents are watching Netflix but they will be uploaded sometime tomorrow/ this weekend.

when you live in a rural area with wicked slow internet.... when i upload, everything in the house slows down. heh heh.
cant wait to see it!

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
Yeah.. my old XP did that. Was annoying!

Now I got a windows 10, which I hate. chrome won't work, it opens but about 2' to the right of the screen so you can't see it. then, about every two days the screen randomly turns on, I lose all my desktop icons and only have the desktop picture. Have to restart after that... but at least it take 28 seconds to restart!

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Yeah.. my old XP did that. Was annoying!

Now I got a windows 10, which I hate. chrome won't work, it opens but about 2' to the right of the screen so you can't see it. then, about every two days the screen randomly turns on, I lose all my desktop icons and only have the desktop picture. Have to restart after that... but at least it take 28 seconds to restart!

i dont think its a problem with win10. probably your pc is old or something is wrong. mine is fine. how often do you shut it down? i shut mine down every night.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
That could well be. We bought the computer for $100 from a computer business, and they didn't even know if it would work. It looks pretty new, and it gets shut down every couple days to get rid of the screen issue. All those symptoms are just a dodgy computer I'm sure, but I don't like 10 just for things like drivers etc. for flight controllers and all that.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
That could well be. We bought the computer for $100 from a computer business, and they didn't even know if it would work. It looks pretty new, and it gets shut down every couple days to get rid of the screen issue. All those symptoms are just a dodgy computer I'm sure, but I don't like 10 just for things like drivers etc. for flight controllers and all that.

ah. i have never used anything else with flight sims and the like but at least its better than apple!
lol

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
UPDATE #2

One video is up! The build video will have to wait a while longer since it will take >5 hours to upload. But without further ado.....

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
UPDATE #2

One video is up! The build video will have to wait a while longer since it will take >5 hours to upload. But without further ado.....

chest gopro mount? nice! really good footage!
totally going to build this now

1:08 scared me a bit! lol.

great story about that kid that loved planes! the red baron costume haha! great!
it's really great when you can get someone into the hobby!

cant wait to see stuff about your new flying club you are going to!

congrats on your great experience! good talk.

i didnt click off! lol.

Last edited:

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Thanks for the compliments Daniel, and it is awesome introducing people to this hobby. And yeah it is a really easy build, but it takes some experience to fly, but it does crash really well.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
chest gopro mount? nice! really good footage!
totally going to build this now

1:08 scared me a bit! lol.

great story about that kid that loved planes! the red baron costume haha! great!
it's really great when you can get someone into the hobby!

cant wait to see stuff about your new flying club you are going to!

congrats on your great experience! good talk.

i didnt click off! lol.

I echo all these sentiments. You look like you had so much fun!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
It was fun flight with an awesome new plane, I will try and upload the build video tonight but I am not sure if my parents would be willing to not use the internet for the night though lol.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Thanks for the compliments Daniel, and it is awesome introducing people to this hobby. And yeah it is a really easy build, but it takes some experience to fly, but it does crash really well.

haha i find it funny when people say "it crashes well" as if the crashing was more important than flying. i know what it means but it's still a queer expression.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I mean more fun comes from crashes than flights, the only exception that I have found to this rule was ben’s giant XB-70. Other than that crashing is the best part of this hobby in my eyes.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I mean more fun comes from crashes than flights, the only exception that I have found to this rule was ben’s giant XB-70. Other than that crashing is the best part of this hobby in my eyes.

haha! im fine with crashing as long as the expensive stuff like props doesnt get broken