FTFC'18 WWII Daimler-Benz Projekt B

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Finally getting around to checking out what everyone has been doing on these projects. Just watched the flight video. :applause: Great job on these guys. Nice pilot skills too. The mother ship looks like a handful getting it to the ground safely.

Will this all get prettied up for the FF debut or will they stay in FT brown traditional scheme?

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
GREAT Job. I really enjoyed the difference in maneuverability of the Carrier vs. fighter. Both are great jobs.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Getting there...
IMG_20171019_215702.jpg

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
This glides great but so far it's completely unflyable under power.

IMG_20171025_103737.jpg

IMG_20171026_104039.jpg

Last edited:

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Where's the beef - uh, I mean, foam?

I tried making a similarly sized (and much more optimal layout) glider this past weekend, and the lack of performance of that airplane (80% reduction in performance compared to the matching and intentionally suboptimal balsa model made alongside it) led me to conclude that there's almost no hope of getting this thing to fly as a foamboard airplane. Maybe as a glider, if you're dropping it from waaaaay up and not expecting anything more than a slightly controlled fall.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Just one change and now it flies great!
IMG_20171025_180104.jpg

Also, the plans files and information on Post #1 have been updated to reflect the current state of the project. I need to put some markings on these plans to finish them out and then work on an instruction manual.

Last edited:

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
As Spacewalker said in a different thread:

"D" + (many,many "A"s) + "NG"

That just brilliant!

DamoRC