Wing Span-52-3/4"
Length-34-5/8"

Unknown copy.jpeg

Spacewalker pic.png :black_eyed:

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I especially love the profile on this one! Reminds me of the GeeBee R-3 Fantasy racer curves.

Also, it might benefit from a slight increase in the horizontal stabilizer surface area - on scaling down a lot of these models they can be extra squirrely with scale sized tail surfaces.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I saw this right after I was considering making the Grokhovskii G-37 and saw a G-38 in the results... lol

The G-37 Looks pretty interesting too! these will both be interesting builds. Go get it started Turtles that fly. and then come join the team. :D

Here's a pic of the G-37
G-37-s_podv__enou_kabinou.jpg

Spacewalker

I especially love the profile on this one! Reminds me of the GeeBee R-3 Fantasy racer curves.

Also, it might benefit from a slight increase in the horizontal stabilizer surface area - on scaling down a lot of these models they can be extra squirrely with scale sized tail surfaces.

Is a touch thin for sure,… I love the streamlining, what a beauty!

& that G-37 is super sweet btw!!!

Last edited:

Spacewalker

Going to the Laundromat,… I mean drafting room -to calculate data from 3 view.
Verdee verdee interestink!

Spacewalker

I made it thru most of the dimensions doing the wash(I mean spying on the Luftwaffe),... Bought 3 uncut carbon arrow shafts today for the twin booms & a spar reinforcement. ($25)

Last edited:

Spacewalker

I just ordered 2 C-Packs for deace Beast!

"C" is for Comrade,... Hah-hah-hah!!!

Last edited:

Spacewalker

Bought 2,... 2 Liter soda bottles of Rootbeer & some little Caeser's,... when the bottles are empty I'm gonna use them for the front half of the Nacelles,... will likely be a belly lander, but I located some narrow 2-1/2" wheels I had,... just in case. Watched the Kracken video for inspirations & build ideas,... pretty stoked.

G-38 Belly.jpg

G-38 Fighter.jpg

The ShKAS is a Russian .30 cal MG and the ShVAK is a 20mm autocannon, so the G-38 would have packed four forward .30 MGs, two forward .20mm ACs (.80cals!) and two more rear firing .30s.

Last edited:

Spacewalker

Twin C-Packs came in today for G-38 & the soda bottle nacelles will be empty tonight for conversion!

Na Zdorovie (На здоровье)

Spacewalker

Cut the Nacelles out today & hit them with some Metallic-Red. I believe I need to, perhaps,... put a few more layers on,… painted them from the inside like Lexan RC Car bodies(sometimes you gotta back that stuff with white). Hafta show some pics of how I made a simple foamboard jig to mark the bottle at the proper height

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Yes - we need pictures!!

I've had great luck doing canopies with the spray paint from the inside method - made 'em all cool and black and shiny looking. Excited to see how the metallic paint comes out on these. :)