FTFC'18 WWII Grumman XF5F-1 Skyrocket, by Grifflyer and JimCR120

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Oh Gosh, the deadline is in 9 days! I got a lot of work to do, and would anyone like to see landing gear?

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Sure, this was the first thread in the challenge that I subscribed too! I hope you can get everything done!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I finished V2!

a.jpg

the biggest changes happened in the nacelles

b.jpg

I changed the nacelle up to incorporate more foam to in hopes to eliminate the weak points that were encountered in V1.

c.jpg

I also made it with a flat bottom so adding landing gear later on wouldn't require much modifications.

d.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
OK so I finally finished the plans, what does everyone think of the new layout? I think I'm going to do all the planes I release like this:D

Grumman XF5F Plans V1.0

now to make a product video and maybe a build video!

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I like the format of the plans Griff. Very professional looking. What program did you use do put that together?

Does anybody know how to pronounce build-ruary? Maybe it's just me but my tongue gets a little twisted.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Yeah I was thinking something like that but saying it still requires a little more effort on my part.

RMDC

Go whole hog. Either do the Texan thing and throw Rs at it until it can't take any more, or do the British thing and drop Rs until they're all gone. :p

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I'm from Illinois but here in Maine they have their own zaniness with R's. The rule pretty much goes like this. If it's spelled with an R, pronounce it with an "ah" sound. If it normally has an "ah" sound, force in a definite R sound.
"Drawer" should sound like "draw" and "drawing" sounds like "droring".