FTFC'18 WWII Snoopy Flying Ace Designed by LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
We all know Snoopy fought the Red Barron in WW-I, but did you know, he had also developed a flyer for WW-II that never saw combat? Outward appearances looked the same, but with an all new powertrain and more precise weaponry.

snoopy-flying-header.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
:applause:

The people in my office are looking at me funny for bursting out laughing!

Yes, this needs to be built!!

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
"In the nick of time a hero arose, a funny looking dog with a big black nose!" :)

"Now Snoopy swore that he'd get that man so he asked the Great Pumpkin for a new battle plan. He challenged the German to a 'real dog fight'."

Charles Schultz was an inspiration to millions. When this came out every 8 year old kid wanted a box to sit in to play Snoopy.

I do hope you build this and fly it. Give the Gotha gaggle a whole new theme in 2018. :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am down with the Snoopy "Plane" as long as LB don't cheat n stick him on a quad or tri frame. If I haz ta build n fly planks. You haz to build n fly planks hehee. Great idea and worth it for the comic relief from such serious building between the teams.

In truth ANY version of this flying over a Flite Fest Field would be cool to see.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I am down with the Snoopy "Plane" as long as LB don't cheat n stick him on a quad or tri frame. If I haz ta build n fly planks. You haz to build n fly planks hehee. Great idea and worth it for the comic relief from such serious building between the teams.

In truth ANY version of this flying over a Flite Fest Field would be cool to see.

This has been done many times in the past.....
IE
Snoopy's Doghouse 02.jpg

No promises on which powertrain PsyBorg, but I have MANY ideas and options to pursue.

ThrustTubeCorrected.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
No telling where this will go. It's all in fun, and a good distraction from my "serious" build.... Gotta have a good mix of both! :)

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hmmmm. Hopefully the powers that own the rights to the Pnutz don't shut this down like they have so many other things. A lot of cease and desist stuff in the past, including charity bike rides that had routes in the name and shape of characters and model A/C plans.

DOH!

Lufthouse

How many dog years passed since his alleged exploits with Herr Richthofen, and the end of WWII? His water dish must be filled with bottles of Ponce DeLeon's Natural Spring Water. Hahahahaaaa! Seriously though, I love the idea!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
So are we going to see some FT style plans for the flying doghouse soon? I'd be happy to convert the plans to gcode for people to cut out at Flite Fest and fill the air with Snoopy's this year! :applause:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
So are we going to see some FT style plans for the flying doghouse soon? I'd be happy to convert the plans to gcode for people to cut out at Flite Fest and fill the air with Snoopy's this year! :applause:

Hmmmmm..... I'm going to have to take some measurements off my prototype.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
My original design sketch...

SnoopyDraf.jpg

More to come....

REAL soon.....

Multiple thrust tubes........

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited: