FTFC'18 WWII Snoopy Flying Ace Designed by LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
A little more precise rendering of some parts....
1102MountDuct.jpg
ThurstTube.png

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
For "glass", canopies, turrets, etc... Now is a good time to find some nice shaped plastic ornaments in various sizes that can be used or modified for such purposes....

Canopies.jpg

I especially like the ones that are 2 part so you get two canopies for the price-o-one

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Every good secret development team needs a good hanger.....

Enter.... The ACME Snoop Works....
HangerRoughDraft.jpg

Specs MAX 5 sheets of Foamboard. ( as few as 3 if it flies) (1.25 for 1/4 scale)

Cheers!
LitterBug

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
The ACME hanger is a pretty simple build and easily scaled down to fit smaller aircraft. CG and aero will all depend on the craft to which it is affixed to. Use tape on the outside of the corners to simulate A/B fold, then use hot glue to hold the parts together. Bead of glue, and fold it into the correct A/B. Roof to walls will be trickier because of the angles. Probaby could cut some tabs and holes to make a better union at a later date.

Leave a side wall off to use it as a hanger. Cut out ends to allow for airflow for flight.

ACME Hanger.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Knocked out a quick micro build by turning one sheet of foamboard into four and then using the same proportions as a full sheet build. Cut a sheet into half in both the length and width directions. BAM! now you have four. Do the same to a second sheet. BAM! Now you have Eight and can make a micro barnstormer hanger for your whoop collection, singlecopter, etc.... Could even fly through it as an obstacle on a tiny whoop course....

Micro example of using tape for the A/B folds
TapeForABfolds.jpg

Example assembled, but not hot-glued
MicroExample.jpg

What's in YOUR hanger????
SingleCopterHanger.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

BAM! Now you have Eight and can make a micro barnstormer hanger for your whoop collection, singlecopter, etc.... Could even fly through it as an obstacle on a tiny whoop course....

What about the Vapor? :eek: E-flite released a UMx Vapor that is smaller than the other Vapors.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Snuck into the Secret ACME Snoop works and spied what appears to be a thrust ring of some sort...

SnoopWorkzSpyShot.jpg

Hmmmm...... or maybe an eight position drop mechanism.... Maybe an eight passenger viewport????

Hmmmm.....

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Busy night in the ACK Me Snoop Wirkz... Crew is keeping the manufacturing gear calibrated and running smoooooth.
20171030_234842.jpg
PartsInOven.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

Spacewalker

For "glass", canopies, turrets, etc... Now is a good time to find some nice shaped plastic ornaments in various sizes that can be used or modified for such purposes....

View attachment 96904

I especially like the ones that are 2 part so you get two canopies for the price-o-one

Cheers!
LitterBug

Awesome Idea,… really keen my man!

I'll be keeping that sweet tip in mind,… I gotta put a gun turret on my Blohm unt Voss.
Spacewalker pic.png :black_eyed:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Time to start working on this thread again. Never posted the video of the OctoUFO to this thread.

It has flown quite a few times over the years. May upgrade from a 1.8" to 3" build. :-D

Cheers!
LitterBug