Help! FTFC19 - April Showers Challenge

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
FTFC19 - April Showers Challenge
Simple - Build a Waterproof Plane and Fly in the Rain! (or on a waterbody)

1551911563730.png

howard-hughes-spruce-goose-1.jpg

OFFICIAL RULES:
Make a Build log that contains the following: (
  • Plane name (10 pts)
  • plans link (5 pts)
  • statement of why you chose it (5 pts)
  • stats (5 pts)
  • build log - (40 pts)
    • highlighting how your plane is waterproofed (15pts)
    • tested (10 pts)
    • any unique build techniques, (5 pts)
    • a few general build pics. (10 pts)
  • maiden Video (10 pts)
  • Paint/Tape Job (10pts)
  • Take-away - Feedback and advice to future builders. (15 pts)

Bonus point if it's new to FT/custom (+15 pts)

Deadline:
End of April (Tuesday the 30th)

How to Enter - in scratchbuilder's corner add a thread Forum/General RC Topics/User Generated Challenges: FTFC19 - April Showers by [entrant], [plane name]Then reply Here with a link to the build-log.

Winner will Receive a full sized print set (PDF supplied by winner) and a "Winners" logo!

-FoamyDM

Last edited:

FoamyDM

I have Two I plan to make waterproof. One Kit, and one Scratch-Built Spruce-Gosling. The design is started and mostly built, This will be a test platform. Next go will be 100% waterproof

Last attempt will be the Flying submarine.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I want to join just to have the excuse to put that cute logo on a plane! :p

So... umm..... yeah - I might regret this but I'm in! :D

The plane I'd like to use is the FT Simple Scout. Yes, it might seem like "low hanging fruit", but I've got a lot on my plate at the moment. :D

For a few more details, I smashed my beloved FT Simple Scout to pieces in streamer combat last summer, only salvaging the wing and electronics. The first time around I didn't do any water proofing on the plane, and I'll correct that on this build. I did already build the floats, but didn't do any finish work on them yet. I understand I'll have a few scoring handicaps to overcome, but I'd rather join in with this project than let the challenge pass by :D

I'll get my entry thread put together later tonight... so yeah - it's on baby! :cool:

I’m gonna take a break to get my planes from the last challenge in order and fully finished how I’d like. I’m going to watch and get ideas though

FoamyDM

I want to join just to have the excuse to put that cute logo on a plane! :p

So... umm..... yeah - I might regret this but I'm in! :D
:love: Very excited to have you on board!
The plane I'd like to use is the FT Simple Scout. Yes, it might seem like "low hanging fruit", but I've got a lot on my plate at the moment. :D

I'll get my entry thread put together later tonight... so yeah - it's on baby! :cool:
It's all great. I'll look for it.

kilroy07

Legendary member
The plane I'd like to use is the FT Simple Scout. Yes, it might seem like "low hanging fruit", but I've got a lot on my plate at the moment.
I really like the simple scout... don't have one in the hanger right now (result of a mix of cheap electronics and combat...) might have to change that... Never done one on floats. :unsure:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I really like the simple scout... don't have one in the hanger right now (result of a mix of cheap electronics and combat...) might have to change that... Never done one on floats. :unsure:

I haven't flown off the floats yet, but I do love this plane. My favorite FT plane I've built so far :D

:love: Very excited to have you on board!

It's all great. I'll look for it.

Ya know - I went back and looked and the first time I built this FT Simple Scout was for last year's April Shower's challenge! :LOL: Hope I'm not starting a trend - next year I want to do something different!

Here's last years entry post - https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ftfc-april-showers-challenge.39361/page-2#post-411843

Never mind the in-progress FW-42 on the bench behind it... :p

So here's this year's entry thread - https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...rs-by-rockyboy-italian-ft-simple-scout.57665/

I hope this one lasts longer than the last one! :D

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Soooo..... Is this going to be like Buld-ruary where YOUR entries make up half the field? :p
No. I can't keep that pace. beside I want to go back and polish the Crimson Tide Skies Heaven's Spade and Devil's Dozen Series. Get them all flying and prettied up. That will take some time.

Rough plans made. Building to follow:
1552084251634.png