basslord1124

Master member
I ordered most of my electronics today. Did it as cheap as I could and through banggood. Which I should get them no later than right near the end of the month. I charged them and I'll just pay it back when I do our taxes (which hopefully we'll get something back... After all the tax crap I've been hearing recently).

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Wow... Just wow. Your quad guy is awesome...
I'm trying to get my daughter (12) interested in quads JUST so she can chase my planes to get video! :ROFLMAO:

Tim is brilliant and it makes all the difference to the vids. Nice thing is he loves to chase so all I have to do is show up with a cool plane.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Congratulations on the successful flight. And I was wondering how many quads did you have following. and then realized. Oh yeah, video editing.
Thank you for the full sized. I'll be printing.

GMalatrasi

Tim is brilliant and it makes all the difference to the vids. Nice thing is he loves to chase so all I have to do is show up with a cool plane.
I was pretty new to quads (still a nood lol) when I chased my first plane... It was so much fun, and surprisingly easy to keep it in frame. ^_^
I should probably finish editing the chase video I started working on 4-5 months ago, although my 2.5" quad can't carry a GoPro so it's all crappy DVR footage.

FoamyDM

*Build-ruary NEWS Alert*
Due to on-going side conversations, and the generosity of some forum members I will be able to add prizes beyond full-sized prints.

Please PM @FoamyDM your physical mailing address for prompt deliveries upon this contest outcome.

Please join me in giving a big thank you to our amazing forum members here. (y)

kilroy07

Legendary member
Sea Duck is done... Good riddance. I am NEVER... EVER... covering a plane that complex in colored packing tape again! :mad:
IMG_8234.JPG
I can see why people are SO sad when they crash, a LOT of work went into mine... Second one would (of course) go quicker I think.

Maiden(s) "should" happen this weekend...

Going to my happy place now and building a Mustang!

basslord1124

Master member
Sea Duck is done... Good riddance. I am NEVER... EVER... covering a plane that complex in colored packing tape again! :mad:
View attachment 124188
I can see why people are SO sad when they crash, a LOT of work went into mine... Second one would (of course) go quicker I think.

Maiden(s) "should" happen this weekend...

Going to my happy place now and building a Mustang!

Looks good! ;) I hear ya on packing tape. I did my Storch in colored packing tape once (and I only used 1 color) and since that experience I have decided to no longer do it. I'll do tape trim/stripes or something like that, but NOT a whole plane.

Now, one of the flying wings, I can almost see doing that in colored packing tape so that may be an exception.

FT Seaduck flies great. Did you do counter-rotating props? I did it to mine and it makes takeoff so nice.

I have built something that temporarily (and I know not really) defeated gravity!!! Amazing feeling! Videos online soon. Coincidentally a GoPro Hero 3+ is a perfect nose weight.

kilroy07

Legendary member
BTW, you missed a spot.
:mad::rolleyes::p

Mustang ready for paint/Maiden
IMG_8246.JPG

Headed out to the field after Church (I'll be praying for success!) :LOL:
It's going to be COLD! But winds will be under 10, so it might be now or never (well, at least till I get back from work/travel.)

JTarmstr

Elite member
Hey @FoamyDM was wondering if I could change one of my entries from FT vector to this? I would do both but I have an extremely limited supply of foamboard at the moment.

FoamyDM

These initial goals for the month have always been subject to change. Just keep us posted.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Weather hasn't been good for flying here. My first version of the custom trainer is completely busted. I know the design is solid but needs a couple tweaks. I will probably get a mini action cam or something for filming maidens, so by the time that one's rebuilt I'll be able to get video footage. If the wind dies down sometime soon I may test the slender delta. That one is going to be sketchy, and I'm going to want servo extender cables on the rebuild. I may be able to get somebody to film that or try to take a vid with my phone in my pocket.