FTFC19 F-49A Patriot designed by Grifflyer

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
This is my entry for the 2019 FT forum challenge. I chose the F-49A Patriot because as I was searching through the web looking for a fantasy plane that looked cool, would be easily built using FT methods, and would still present a fun challenge when I would design it. I stumbled across an image of the plane, and few clicks later found me at Jon Hall's list of his creations.

Now that I've downloaded a few of his images I'm ready to start designing!!!

14560116177_35399a9e17_b.jpg

The plan is to build a twin A pack powered plane with around a 30-35 inch wingspan. I'll be changing a couple of things I.E. a larger canard and re-shaping the vertical stabilizer so that it's in the airstream. Hopefully once I got a good flying model I'm going to try and design skins similar to what Rasterize does Here are all the his skins he's done.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Awesome! I love seeing more canards in the air - it's a really neat design form to work with :D

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Are you gonna keep that "lego" look it has? I think thats what makes it so interesting.

Good luck on this but after your other builds success is a given.

PoorManRC

Master member
THAT'S thinking outside of the Box!!! There should be more Builds with Forward Canards... She should have great agility, but with those Canards, stalls will be exceptionally manageable!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
very cool. there are several designs on that linked site that would be worthy of an attempt. really like the katana with the wing forward, mid motor design.

good luck,

me :cool:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I started by testing the wing and everything fits very well, the only thing I'm going to change is make the nacelle an easier build process after I test fly it.

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Looking great! ready to go.
What is the popsicle on the wing top for?
Is there a reason for the HS1177 camera mount hole for other than what I stated? (it's always what I assumed it was for)
51VZ4C489ZL._SY450_.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Looking great! ready to go.
What is the popsicle on the wing top for?
Is there a reason for the HS1177 camera mount hole for other than what I stated? (it's always what I assumed it was for)
51VZ4C489ZL._SY450_.jpg
The popsicle stick is the spar, I forgot to put it in before I folded the wing:p

The hole in the front is temporary (I haven't built the nose cone yet)

IcedStorm777

What is the challenge you discussed? Sick build! @Grifflyer I seem to encounter you every Forum i look at. Keep up the good work, i don't know how you can manage to build all this!!

kdobson83

This thing looks awesome!!! I hope it flys good. FT should do community spotlight videos. I would have never seen this if I didn't stumble across it on the forums. I'd say this is spotlight worthy for sure!!