FTFC19 F-49A Patriot designed by Grifflyer

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
What is the challenge you discussed? Sick build! @Grifflyer I seem to encounter you every Forum i look at. Keep up the good work, i don't know how you can manage to build all this!!
The challenge is called the 2019 Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge hosted by rockboy, the participants have to design and build a fantasy airplane.

Last year it was about WW2 planes that flew but didn't enter combat.....I think:unsure:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
How's progress?
Not much, I got her to fly, but no matter what I did it always flew like:poop: and then one hard landing split the fuse right behind the canard.

I don't feel comfortable releasing a very 'iffy delicate plane to the public. I'm going to try a couple things to get her flying for Flite Fest but I won't be able to meet the scoring deadline.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Not much, I got her to fly, but no matter what I did it always flew like:poop: and then one hard landing split the fuse right behind the canard.

I don't feel comfortable releasing a very 'iffy delicate plane to the public. I'm going to try a couple things to get her flying for Flite Fest but I won't be able to meet the scoring deadline.

Hey @Grifflyer as you know there has been a FT Shinden in the works and I watched a video by @localfiend about his beta builds of it. In the comments he mentioned that it flew pretty badly until he got the canard and wing proportions just right. It seems to me that this is a similar design so maybe if you tweaked canard/wing size?