FTFC19 Hughes Lockheed Firebrand By jpot1 and Michael763

Michael9865

Elite member
"Hughes Lockheed Firebrand" from Crimson Skies will be our entry for the 2019 Flite Test Forum & Flite Fest Community Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge.

Hughes Lockheed Firebrand 3.jpg

Hughes Lockheed Firebrand 2.jpg

Hughes Lockheed Firebrand 1.jpg

Last edited:

jpot1

Elite member
Alpha build in progress to see how things will look. Wing goes together very easily, double spar (for now) at the wing root and tapered further out.

IMG_1247.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG

We are thinking about an octagonal or greater number of faces for the fuse. Toying with some layouts - following methods that @DamoRC uses.

IMG_1264.JPG

Michael9865

Elite member
Hopefully I can get an updated build and flight before the deadline. If no more changes only need to colorize the plans.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Please please PLEASE provide these plans if you get it built. I've been wanting the Devastator plans that were floating around a while back, but they never surfaced. :( Crimson Skies was one of my favorite PC games, flying some of those planes were great. I was thinking at one point of the J-2 Fury, but I couldn't get motivated enough to build it.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Check out some of the Heaven's Spade one's I'm putting together... in the challenge. too. as half are Crimson Skies inspired.