FTFC19 HYDRA Valkyrie - Amerika Bomber - 9 FOOT MONSTER - Designed by Zephyr1

Zephyr1

Elite member
That is a beautiful Plane! and a great video! It will be quite the screamer with the 6 other motors on the back.

I can't wait to put together the micro version with 3".

When you declared this project, I was concerned about the supports too. I thought you would just put a symmetrical airfoil around the CF tube spar that went through the larger outlet. (taper afterward). Then I was thinking that if you built it like the Giant FT A-10, and make a 3/4 ply ring the spar hooks to...

I have a project (Eldar cruiser) in mind like the SR-71 blackbird with a tube shooting through the structural spar, I was planning to set a number of 3/8' thick rings in the foam around the engine tubes to continue the spar. (and cross my fingers) but I have more work before I get there.

Great Job! I can't wait to build one of my own. (now you need a ton of red-faced Hydra troopers to "jump" out of it mid flight.

Thanks! I'm super excited to see your Spruce Gosling (that what I voted for) but I'm not 100% sure I'll ever fly it with the full compliment of 8 engines. I plan on adding two more props but i lowkey kinda took 4 of them for a quad...

I definitely need some hydra goons to drop from the plane and be see if it can be used as a parasite mother ship lol. I'll honestly be looking into it.

I think the rings are the only real way to reinforce a tube that goes through the spar. I tried to do a simpler solution and threaded a paint stick through the edf tube. I think it would be enough for a smaller model but this thing is just way too large.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I'm super excited to see your Spruce Gosling (that what I voted for) but I'm not 100% sure I'll ever fly it with the full compliment of 8 engines. I plan on adding two more props but i lowkey kinda took 4 of them for a quad...
Thank you back, I am VERY close to being done. I keep debating about if I should test more (2 motors on one ESC) or I have a quad that I did that to, stole a motor or two to build some plane projects... (as I have yet to have a built and flying 5" yet :mad:, I didn't have a problem)

I definitely need some hydra goons to drop from the plane and be see if it can be used as a parasite mother ship lol. I'll honestly be looking into it.
I just had a thought about this and wondered if you could make a 3-d printed play-dough mold and then make them from the bake-clay. or make a roller...and roll-out an army!:LOL: no, i am seriously rolling it around my head.:ROFLMAO:

I think the rings are the only real way to reinforce a tube that goes through the spar. I tried to do a simpler solution and threaded a paint stick through the edf tube. I think it would be enough for a smaller model but this thing is just way too large.

so, now... about those plans

Zephyr1

Elite member
So the lil Parasite guy...I decided to use an F pack. And I’ll be testing this tomorrow, but it actually glides well lol (notice the nose art)

6FCE7C04-4211-4DCD-9D27-9366BBA64F37.jpeg

Daniel Liutan

WOW! This Parasite guy looks fantastic!!! Beyond my imagination.

Looking for the Maiden Video and the plan of this small devil:devilish:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
How's it going on releasing plans for this beastie? (Or did I miss them in the thread somewhere...)

Zephyr1

Elite member
How's it going on releasing plans for this beastie? (Or did I miss them in the thread somewhere...)

It’s still going. You didn’t miss anything. I have the original computer plans done but I haven’t gotten to fixing them to incorporate the on hand fixes I had to make.

Also, not sure how this sounds, but until the monster foam is released, I kinda wanna try this with H pack motors and 50mm fans at a smaller scale

FoamyDM

The Horten Ho 229 is Adorable! :love:
I know, it's tough hearing that from a 43 y.o. man with a beard.

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Holy crap man! I can't believe you're doing it. Best of luck and please keep us posted!
The projects that currently contained the power systems I was going to use have all stalled. and I cannot believe it's been soooo long. When I start, I will post. Still love the project. I am going to recommend this project to a guy looking for a combat plane.