FTFC19 Lockheed N+2 SST designed by FAI-F1D

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Beautiful job.

Is it possible to remote trigger the rocket while in flight on the electric motors?

Possible? Sure! :D

Wise? Unknown! :p

Thank you all for the kind words. Definitely a rewarding project, and I really look forward to flying it at FFO.

It's definitely possible to reconfigure things to do an air start, but the best way to do that is to put a pair of pusher props on the underwing nacelles and then load a rocket into the centerline nacelle. That does add some weight, probably 40g or so, but it would work at least to some degree. Maybe someday I'll try it!

JTarmstr

Elite member
Time to tie a bow on this as I wrap up this project. I'd like to get one last flight video in with it looking pretty just before the deadline but that's not a big deal since I fly this airplane regularly and it's definitely a good flier, if a little underperforming compared to a serious parkjet.

I think the final color scheme really pops, and more importantly, allows me to maintain orientation a little better in low light conditions. And I've got those SWEET FTFC'19 logos that were graciously designed by @JTarmstr that are just fantastic!

Lastly, I really hope others will give this plane a try. It's a really simple, affordable build and flies quite well for something so crazy looking. Y'all have fun now. :)

View attachment 125089

View attachment 125090

View attachment 125091

View attachment 125092

For whatever reason I didnt see this post in my feed. Wow, that looks fantastic, thanks for putting my logo design on it. Maybe when I can buy some reloadable motors I will try building it.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
For whatever reason I didnt see this post in my feed. Wow, that looks fantastic, thanks for putting my logo design on it. Maybe when I can buy some reloadable motors I will try building it.

Your logo really makes it pop. :)

dynasoarrocketry.com can hook you up on those motors. :D

L Edge

Master member
Beautiful job.

Is it possible to remote trigger the rocket while in flight on the electric motors?

Yes, use 1 cell of the lipo(4 volts), hooked up from balancing plug and use a mini servo (hooked to gear channel) where the servo arm becomes the switch contact. I used telephone wire to hooked to rocket and contact is made when gear switch on tx is activated.

I used mine on Bell X-1 launched from ground. Was too drop it from my transport and glide down and pull up to 45 degrees and then fire the rocket.