FTFC19 plane desgin

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
So when I go to print it, it print side way like that destroying the build. In sketch up I download a power pods some one made and again this was side ways. But when ever I draw some thing in sketchup it come out straights. I am using sketchup 2018 (the newest version). Hopefully that made sense if not tell me what is confusing.
The same thing happens to me and I think it is because sketchup makes the file as a view of what you are seeing. You can see that your picture of sketchup and your file are the same, for example. This is why I am having trouble with sketchup too.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Okay - that is odd.

I have tried to replicate this here and cannot.

I see you are using a trial version of Sketchup Pro 2018. Is the 2d DXF export that you are using part of Sketchup Pro or are you using the plugin I posted earlier?

Could you try setting your camera in sketchup to "Top view" (Camera -> Standard Views -> Top), or just Ctrl-U) and try to export again. As (s)@Ketchup says, it looks like its reproducing the image on screen instead of the structure of the shape.

DamoRC

Pilot_35

Okay - that is odd.

I have tried to replicate this here and cannot.

I see you are using a trial version of Sketchup Pro 2018. Is the 2d DXF export that you are using part of Sketchup Pro or are you using the plugin I posted earlier?

Could you try setting your camera in sketchup to "Top view" (Camera -> Standard Views -> Top), or just Ctrl-U) and try to export again. As (s)@Ketchup says, it looks like its reproducing the image on screen instead of the structure of the shape.

DamoRC

Yes I believe I am using the plugin. Switching it to top view worked however I created another problem it make it longer which I have no idea why it did this I did not make the park bigger. In the double cad is the a measuring tool like in sketchup?
Thanks

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I am not sure that you are using the plugin because the behavior you are describing is what the native Export to 2D function in Sketchup will do (based on my reading of the documentation).

The plugin shows up under the file menu as Export to DXF or STL (green box below). Can you confirm?

Export to DXF or STL.jpg

DamoRC

Pilot_35

I am not sure that you are using the plugin because the behavior you are describing is what the native Export to 2D function in Sketchup will do (based on my reading of the documentation).

The plugin shows up under the file menu as Export to DXF or STL (green box below). Can you confirm?

View attachment 112392

DamoRC

Mine did not look like that. I turned out you have to put the plugin in the exports folder not the tools. Thanks for the help using this plugin it solved the problem.