FTFC19 Snoopy flying ace designed by Ketchup

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I recently went on vacation with my family and got a stuffed bear dressed up as a ww1 pilot as a souvenir, so when I saw the fantasy plane competition I started to think of interesting ww1 planes and this popped up
F05A56F4-3E13-474F-A5EA-4B323C601ABB.jpeg

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Before anybody(except for Grifflyer) says anything, I am going to say that I am not going to start this project until my Red Bull air race project is finished. The plane will still be built though, so don’t worry about that.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I still have the one I designed to be put on a plane or quad last year. :-D Need to paint it and get it in the air still.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Yes! :D I've had this on my wishlist for a while, and @LitterBug was thinking about doing it last year, but so far I don't think the forums have produced a set of plans for this yet! Looking forward to this :D

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Yes! :D I've had this on my wishlist for a while, and @LitterBug was thinking about doing it last year, but so far I don't think the forums have produced a set of plans for this yet! Looking forward to this :D
Yeah, not sure where the plans went cuz I posted them somewhere, but they aren't in my thread. I'll dig them back up. Maybe they ended up in the OctoUfo thread...

Ahhh. ACME Snoop Works Hanger
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...esigned-by-litterbug.36207/page-2#post-372655

Last edited:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I know I said that I wouldn’t be working on this project until I finish the one before it but I couldn’t stop myself from at least drawing the plans for a small scale version onto a sheet of foam board. Since I only had a side view of the doghouse, I had to do a bit of thinking before I found out what the most likely dimensions of the house would be. Here are the dimensions: 15” tall (without snoopy on top), 15” wide and well, you guessed it 15” long. It will be powered by a power pack f (the old one with the 2204 motor). It will also have a hidden wing inside the doghouse for extra lift so that it can be flown at a slightly flatter angle instead of a high alpha.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
School started for me so I haven’t had a lot of time to think about this, but I have decided that I will be using a single power pack c motor instead of the power pack f. Also, the plane will be 24 inches wide, tall, and long, not 15. I have also never seen a person put an airfoil into a flying box so there will definitely be some trial and error. (I think that most people have better access to power pack c equivalent electronics, so please correct me if I am wrong.)

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
So we've got plans and build instructions on this one, but has there been flight? I don't seem to see the maiden video around here...