Elevator 2.jpg

Elevator 3.jpg

Elevator 4.jpg

Elevator 5.jpg

Matagami Designs

Master member

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
looks good.(y) I am so happy i was able to fold over the Leading edge on this one. The H and V stab are my least favorite parts to do. Shaping the foam for the scale appearance is tedious and i always seem to mess it up right when i am almost done. I think i did my V-stab 3 times before i got it right.

You did a great job drawing them out ..... they fit perfectly.

Matagami Designs

Master member
Seems to be coming together fairly quickly. :) The alignment is mentioned in the build guide but i agree it will be nice to have on the plans as well. I'm not sure if you cut out the cavity on the upper part of the wing? this will help the servos sit down in further. I didn't mention it in the build guide and the original plans didn't have a lot of detail on the wings so it would be easy to miss.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Seems to be coming together fairly quickly. :) The alignment is mentioned in the build guide but i agree it will be nice to have on the plans as well. I'm not sure if you cut out the cavity on the upper part of the wing? this will help the servos sit down in further. I didn't mention it in the build guide and the original plans didn't have a lot of detail on the wings so it would be easy to miss.

Yes,it is going together nicely. And no, I didn't cut out the cavity on the upper part of the wing , I just thought it was an alignment marking.

Last edited:

Matagami Designs

Master member
Yes,it is together nicely. And no, I didn't cut out the cavity on the upper part of the wing , I just thought it was an alignment marking.

I had to cut mine out after it was folded and its not too difficult. I am not sure how well it would line up after folding either. I guess i should update the build instructions too o_O. Anyway it looks great sitting there but i want to see it in the air. :LOL:

Sheriff

The only suggestion I have is it might be good to add the spar location marks on the wheel struts so builders would know exactly where to glue them.

I would go further by replacing the box-spar by a simple or double flat spacer inside the wheel struts. The current construction might be more rigid than it is really necessary. The mod would also simplify the building process.

Great work Matagami !

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
I would go further by replacing the box-spar by a simple or double flat spacer inside the wheel struts. The current construction might be more rigid than it is really necessary. The mod would also simplify the building process.

Great work Matagami !

I don't know ...:unsure: they take all the force of the landings... I think I would keep them the way they are.

Sheriff

I don't know ...:unsure: they take all the force of the landings... I think I would keep them the way they are.

From exprience building biplanes (Dragon Rapid, Curtiss R3C, Curtiss Jenny), the box formed by both wing and their struts already gives a lot of strengh. And if you add the fact that the wing IS already a box, containing a boxed-spar, same for the strut...

In any case, your point is absolutly valid, the wheel do support a lot of stress. And since YOU'RE the one doing all the work, you go with your gut feeling. :)

Such a weird plane. I might be tempted to build your V2.0 ... on floats !

Attachments

• Bellanca-640x250.jpg
    Bellanca-640x250.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Matagami Designs

Master member
From exprience building biplanes (Dragon Rapid, Curtiss R3C, Curtiss Jenny), the box formed by both wing and their struts already gives a lot of strengh. And if you add the fact that the wing IS already a box, containing a boxed-spar, same for the strut...

In any case, your point is absolutly valid, the wheel do support a lot of stress. And since YOU'RE the one doing all the work, you go with your gut feeling. :)

Such a weird plane. I might be tempted to build your V2.0 ... on floats !

I have definitely been wanting to design floats for it. I have a design guide for them bookmarked on my PC. 😁 I just dont know where I could find a good body of water to fly off of. 🤔

Matagami Designs

Master member
So i think it would be great if V2 have swappable fixed landing gear and floats. Have any good ideas how to achieve this? My current train of thought would be to have the wheel pants or floats attach to boxed hard points under the wheel struts via Bamboo skewers. Not sure how well this would take hard landings although can't be any worse than just being glued on like it is currently. Alternatively the builder could still just glue their desired gear/float permanently.