FTFC20 Bellanca Aircruiser C-27A by Matagami Designs

PoorManRC

Master member
Slowly working out the kinks in the V2 plans. Got all the fuse pieces and tail feathers made.

View attachment 146666

I have decided I'm going to spray paint rather than use monkote covering since I wasnt having too much luck with it. o_O Maybe I will try it again on a smaller build. Decided to try a center hinge for the rudder and elevator after reading some posts by @PoorManRC. Seems to be working well. (y)

Now to give it wings. :D
Well.... I'm both flattered and very glad I could help!! 😊
The center Hinge does work very well. To note, I have a 1" thick piece of Extreme Packing Tape glued between the Paper, so I'm not only relying on Paper alone to hold the Control Surfaces securely. Only adds less than 2g! 😉

Matagami Designs

Master member
Perfecting the wheel pant design. I made how many of these? o_O

20191104_194217.jpg

Well I'm pretty happy with the latest version (left) so if I can get the right side made then I'll be close to adding some color.

Matagami Designs

Master member
Looks great!!
How come the servo horn isn't perpendicular to the control rod? You get more range of motion when it's perpendicular.
The reason for this is to reduce adverse yaw through differential aileron. The way I understand it is that when your control surface moves down drag is increased and it pulls to this side. There is more motion in the up direction to reduce lift. Not sure how much of a difference it makes but i bet it helps. :)

Matagami Designs

Master member
Thanks @wilmracer. And thanks for posting. I was up late trying to get the build airworthy and it seems I overlooked the pins for the wheels. Whoops. Thanks @willsonman for doing the maiden. I will have to take the sticks next time. I didn't trust myself after losing the tiny trainer in the tree. o_O Anyways got everything back so all is good. :D

Matagami Designs

Master member
So all the detail work is finished on this build. All that is left to do is fly it myself. Here are a few stills of the final build. BTW check out that neat nose weight i drew up and had 3d printed. This build was a bit tail heavy so in the maiden i had to add 70g to the nose. I figured why not make it aesthetically appealing dead weight. :p Will be interesting to see how this affects the motor temperature, although being as cold as its been i think ill be OK for sure.:unsure: Weather permitting i will fly it this weekend and then have plans posted in the resources shortly thereafter.:)

20191118_220323.jpg
20191118_220347.jpg
20191118_220636.jpg

Attachments

• 20191118_204008.jpg
    20191118_204008.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191118_204019.jpg
    20191118_204019.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191118_220704.jpg
    20191118_220704.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
So all the detail work is finished on this build. All that is left to do is fly it myself. Here are a few stills of the final build. BTW check out that neat nose weight i drew up and had 3d printed. This build was a bit tail heavy so in the maiden i had to add 70g to the nose. I figured why not make it aesthetically appealing dead weight. :p Will be interesting to see how this affects the motor temperature, although being as cold as its been i think ill be OK for sure.:unsure: Weather permitting i will fly it this weekend and then have plans posted in the resources shortly thereafter.:)

View attachment 148427 View attachment 148428 View attachment 148429
That is a great looking engine. Do you mind sharing the file?

Matagami Designs

Master member
That is a great looking engine. Do you mind sharing the file?

Ask and you shall receive. STL files attached. The only snag you may run into is the power pod alignment walls. you may need to cut these down a bit if the power pod doesn't slide in all the way.

Attachments

• FTFC20 BELLANCA AIRCRUISER DUMMY RADIAL.STL
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • FTFC20 BELLANCA AIRCRUISER EXHAUST HALF LOWER.STL
    580.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FTFC20 BELLANCA AIRCRUISER EXHAUST HALF UPPER.STL
    827.2 KB · Views: 0

Budzo

Awesome design, especially V2 !!!
But i can't seem to find the pdf plans for V2 - I may be overlooking them, but all I seem to find is a png image of the 6 sheets. there appears to be enough of a difference in the plans that i'd very much appreciate the V2 pdf plans if you could share them.
many thanks !!!

mach1 rc

Master member

View attachment 148427 View attachment 148428 View attachment 148429
That plane looks sweet!!👌👍👌👍😍😍

chris398mx

Master member
Ask and you shall receive. STL files attached. The only snag you may run into is the power pod alignment walls. you may need to cut these down a bit if the power pod doesn't slide in all the way.

@Matagami Designs So you attach the motor (Radial C Pack?) to the radial print, but then how does the radial print attach to the plane? Looks awesome, bye the way!!

Matagami Designs

Master member
But i can't seem to find the pdf plans for V2 - I may be overlooking them, but all I seem to find is a png image of the 6 sheets. there appears to be enough of a difference in the plans that i'd very much appreciate the V2 pdf plans if you could share them.
many thanks !!!

I intentionally left that a png since I knew it would have some issues. 😁 It had a few scaling problems but those should be resolved. I took a couple notes and need to tidy the plans up but I can try to have plans posted in the next couple days. Sort of been neglecting this till now. I will let you know when it's ready.

@Matagami Designs So you attach the motor (Radial C Pack?) to the radial print, but then how does the radial print attach to the plane? Looks awesome, bye the way!!

The radial print shares the same hole pattern as the cross shaped spacer piece that comes in the kit. Once the motor is attached to the print it then can be screwed to a standard FT firewall. I would just recommend to ream out the holes where the motor would normally mount to the firewall so you dont need to remove the print to replace the motor, otherwise these screws become trapped by the firewall. I hope that makes sense.🤔

chris398mx

Master member
I intentionally left that a png since I knew it would have some issues. 😁 It had a few scaling problems but those should be resolved. I took a couple notes and need to tidy the plans up but I can try to have plans posted in the next couple days. Sort of been neglecting this till now. I will let you know when it's ready.

The radial print shares the same hole pattern as the cross shaped spacer piece that comes in the kit. Once the motor is attached to the print it then can be screwed to a standard FT firewall. I would just recommend to ream out the holes where the motor would normally mount to the firewall so you dont need to remove the print to replace the motor, otherwise these screws become trapped by the firewall. I hope that makes sense.🤔
Got it, makes sense and thanks.

Matagami Designs

Master member
many thanks !!!

Plans are available in resources for V2 master style build. let me know if you have any questions.

I will likely eventually upload a V2 simple style with the easier to build wing/nose and a few updates like the aileron control surface length. Maybe i will do a little after that and release the floats i had made as well if there is any Interest?

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/bellanca-aircruiser-c27-a.100/