FTFC20 - Build-Ruary (Build Challenge)

FishHawk

OK I just saw this today, I'm recovering from norovirus which literally kicks the shit out of you. I'll enter in spite of being a relative noob around here, and the fact that I know that there is no way I'll be anywhere close to Mayan and his collection of body bags. I'll probably be contention with DutchRoll for DFL.
Build Skill: 2, Pilot Skill: 1
1. AP Mini Argus (mostly cut out beginning of Jan)
2. SloFly 22 (modded for DTFB)
3. AP Kwak (for the Grands)
4. Hai-Lee's Kulula glider

Extra goal
Mini P-51 or Grifflyer's Mini Spit (both? nah!)

mayan

Legendary member
Yeah? Is cutting stuff out not count as "Construction"? if not I can get started now and save me some build hours!
By all means be my friend and cut out the pieces as well. Like @Hondo76251 said if cutting is cheating then speed build kits should be out as well. One way or the other no one said it was not allowed.

mayan

Legendary member
“😛” = “I’m kidding”

Mayan and I go back far enough he knows I’m just giving him some grief.
Doncha Brother?!
Of course I do brother. I wasn’t replying to you but was just replying to @DutchRoll. I’ve read the first few pages and know cutting out is allowed so I wasn’t to worried about it :). BTW I added a paper airplane to the list but will most likely just not have the patient to wait for the 1st of February to build it.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Of course I do brother. I wasn’t replying to you but was just replying to @DutchRoll. I’ve read the first few pages and know cutting out is allowed so I wasn’t to worried about it :). BTW I added a paper airplane to the list but will most likely just not have the patient to wait for the 1st of February to build it.
Sitting at the airport now, so you’ll have about a weeks head start (the laser should make up the difference though.) 😜

I know, I saw the paper airplane episode too! Might have to do my favorite design as well. Probably could use just one sheet of foamboard.

mayan

Legendary member
Sitting at the airport now, so you’ll have about a weeks head start (the laser should make up the difference though.) 😜

I know, I saw the paper airplane episode too! Might have to do my favorite design as well. Probably could use just one sheet of foamboard.
Have a good trip buddy and I’ll wait for you here. I might move the x-29 down to the extras and bring something else up the list because I don’t want point deducted for it being half built.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
sorry guys, I had a very full weekend, 2 nights of 3-4 hrs of sleep nearly kills an ol' man like me.
I'll update them soon - but don't worry too much.

ANYONE can enter during the Challenge anywhere before Feb. 28th. 2020 just know we they will be at a time disadvantage.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Welcome aboard @FishHawk !
@Grifflyer , what cha building? and hints?
Post #2 updated. If I am missing something

If you know members this enjoy kinda thing, invite them. I also know this challenge is for a special kind of fool.
@Grifflyer , @FishHawk @ScratchBuildMast , @kilroy07 @The Hangar , @Hondo76251 @mayan If you can, see if you can't drum up some more folds to the cause. The New posts list moves so fast I know it's not easy to see these Challenges.

I'm panicking about finishing all the planes I set out for the classic to modern challenge @rockyboy , and excited about this one.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Welcome aboard @FishHawk !
@Grifflyer , what cha building? and hints?
Post #2 updated. If I am missing something

If you know members this enjoy kinda thing, invite them. I also know this challenge is for a special kind of fool.
@Grifflyer , @FishHawk @ScratchBuildMast , @kilroy07 @The Hangar , @Hondo76251 @mayan If you can, see if you can't drum up some more folds to the cause. The New posts list moves so fast I know it's not easy to see these Challenges.

I'm panicking about finishing all the planes I set out for the classic to modern challenge @rockyboy , and excited about this one.
I'll make my post tonight most likely.

DutchRoll

OK I just saw this today, I'm recovering from norovirus which literally kicks the shit out of you. I'll enter in spite of being a relative noob around here, and the fact that I know that there is no way I'll be anywhere close to Mayan and his collection of body bags. I'll probably be contention with DutchRoll for DFL.
Build Skill: 2, Pilot Skill: 1
1. AP Mini Argus (mostly cut out beginning of Jan)
2. SloFly 22 (modded for DTFB)
3. AP Kwak (for the Grands)
4. Hai-Lee's Kulula glider

Extra goal
Mini P-51 or Grifflyer's Mini Spit (both? nah!)

Hey there! Whatcha doing, claiming my last place? LOL actually I should bump my Pilot skills to 0.75, since I manged to take off three times with the Ugly-EZ. Landings, not so much though - I crash with style...