Solved FTFC20 Classic to Modern Forum Challenge!

TooJung2Die

Master member
TooJung2Die
Carl Goldberg Ranger 30
FTFC20 Carl Goldberg Ranger 30 designed by Jon Carlsen

Ranger 30 ..jpg

Attachments

• Ranger_30_Instructions.pdf
    424.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Ranger_30_templates.pdf
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Your name on the left side of the thread says you're build it - putting your name in the "designed by" is taking credit for creating the foam board plans! :D

TooJung2Die

Master member
putting your name in the "designed by" is taking credit for creating the foam board plans!
Okay, I'll go with the flow. Since the original airplane designer should get most of the credit I'll include it in the name of the airplane. After all... I'm "borrowing" someone else's design.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I made a very small, crude version of the double decker and it was baaad. I'll have to revisit that one soon, maybe even try something else. My first priority though will be to clean up the Floating Kidney build and get it to "production" quality(as in, good enough to share as plans). This is just very small adjustments here and there and cleaner wiring. The VS will look a bit different from the prototype, as close to exact shape and size as the original balsa glider as possible, but still placed in front of the elevator. I will have to add all the challenge related information, and start figuring out plans. I'll have all the measurements written and make graph paper full scale plans by hand, so if nothing else, I have that.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I know there's quite a few people here who have a lot of experience with flying wings. Anyone have any idea if this would fly good as a

motorized foamy?
1565817117056.png
It certainly looks cool, but now sure how that sort of twin boom setup will affect it.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I would like to make it known... I have strong love-hate feelings toward both @rockyboy and @kilroy07 for your similar and opposing encouragement for this challenge...
I have GOT to build so I can enter more... before their all taken.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You're welcome! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And don't worry about all the designs being taken - there are tens of thousands of balsa designs out there! :p

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
I know there's quite a few people here who have a lot of experience with flying wings. Anyone have any idea if this would fly good as a

motorized foamy? View attachment 139363 It certainly looks cool, but now sure how that sort of twin boom setup will affect it.
Theres no way this wont fly If your CG is correct. It might be hard to balance it out with the short nose, but a twin boom setup is usually very stable.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Theres no way this wont fly If your CG is correct. It might be hard to balance it out with the short nose, but a twin boom setup is usually very stable.
I think I'll play with a prototype before announcing this as a build, that way if it's got good potential I can have a third entry or just put this in place of the double decker if I can't get that one right. Maybe I'll go with a heavier battery right at the nose. I've got an 1806 and 2205 I could use, and either would work fine with my 1300 mAh 3s.