Solved FTFC20 Design Challenge Draft Idea Thread

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I think this will be my submission, Bellanca 28-92 Trimotor.
View attachment 138360
As I don't have 3 equal engines, I want to build it with a single central motor and simulate the lateral motors to maintain the appearance on a scale similar to this thread.
I could try the two side engines and simulate the central one, but all my motors are different.
What do you think? will it work?

Beautiful plane! And yes, I'm sure you could get it to work just fine with a central motor and feathered free-wheeling props (or fixed props) on the outer pylons. :D

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Well... so I think this model will be the one. :D:cool:
I'll try to make a scale approximation using 5mm EPP layers, to simulate FoamBoard because I can't find it here :cautious:. This way, the new plans can be built using a FoamBoard construction style. For those who want to build it.
Even, if I can, I will try to create plans for a version of two real engines and the simulated central engine. And another for the trimotor variant.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Left house at 7:03, about 2 minutes to walk across the street and set up. Flew the Kobra, landed once or twice but mostly just kept flying till the battery was burnt. Takes me a couple minutes to walk back, put my plane up etc. time is 7:41. I'll take my phone out next time and time it more closely, but that's looking like 30 minutes of flight on one battery. This wing has such low loading and CG forward it makes 1300 3s efficient on 1806 radial with 5x3x2. For such a modest prop it's got tons of power too. This is a little endurance park flyer for sure!