FTFC20 - KK invader

bracesport

Legendary member
this is my plan for the forming of the main wing - two skins over a flat spar - skins will be hot wire cut (instead of sanding) with the LE and TE laminated with gorilla glue - LE will be sanded for finishing.

as with @TooJung2Die 's FTFC20 build, I will strip all the paper.

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 9.42.57 PM.png

TooJung2Die

Master member
I don't understand your pitcheron drawing. If you have one axle for the wings they will be fixed together and unable to change pitch independently. It will fly up and down but it won't be able to roll. Please explain.

TooJung2Die

Master member
as with @TooJung2Die 's FTFC20 build, I will strip all the paper.
That's going to reduce the weight significantly. But... it comes with some downside. The bare foam sheet is very weak and floppy. Your use of carbon fiber should fix that. The bare foam dents very easily. If I wasn't trying to save every gram of excess weight I'd cover the bare foam with laminating film. I may have to laminate the wings to stiffen them up.

bracesport

Legendary member
@TooJung2Die - each wing has a tube that fits over the fixed axle allowing the wings to rotate independently - maybe I will leave the paper on and use the Adams Board (DTFB) as the paper is lighter! :D

TooJung2Die

Master member
maybe I will leave the paper on and use the Adams Board (DTFB) as the paper is lighter!
Actually... I saved a significant amount of weight on my SE5A wings by removing the paper from both sides and laminating the outside. Vincent Unrau's SE5A The film is lighter than paper. I now have a huge roll of 1.5 mil laminating film and don't use the gift wrap much. If strength was the main concern then I would keep the paper on ala flyboa.

bracesport

Legendary member
I have not forgotten this build - I am doing a similar wing mount at the moment in my Ridge Rat so if it all works out I will do it again for the KK! 😆

Last edited: