FTFC21 - Build-ruary the 4th

Scotto

Elite member
I liked having a deadline. Keeps the procrastinating away. I also like the organization of multiple builds by one guy in one place. Being a noob, I enjoyed the crash course in foam surgery.
I think next year could benefit from some promotion from flite test inc. or whatever to maybe get some more people involved.
"1. 5pts Picture of the plane with Plans link and/or Forum link (for other community members to find them) and your reason for choosing this plane." I think this should be interpreted as if you dont post plans for a ft or community or even your own custom plane, you lose out on those 5 points. But more points for brand new plans is a good incentive. Not that its really needed because there were alot of new designs already. I think if youve got an idea in your head for a new plane that youre gonna do it anyway and flying your own creation is its own reward. But the points are incentive to share how to do it so somebody that likes it can make their own.
Also I think a consistant format for each built post should be encouraged. @Matagami Designs 's and @JasonK 's build posts are awesome and should be cited as a template imho. (To avoid the elementary school book report format I used.)
Anyway Congrats @JasonK and good job everybody else too. Big thanks to @FoamyDM for doing all the work.

Last edited:

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I just found out that you can insert tables in your posts so...

Liked

Changes

The opportunity to build more airplanes

In my opinion, the build logs could be excluded from the build posts. Writing those was more exhausting than building the plane:ROFLMAO: (maybe because I tried to do them all at once)

A by-product of build-ruary is a lot of new airplane designs

+1 on the bonus points for custom designs

you get to learn what interests other people have by the type of airplanes they choose to build

thats about it

I think I recognize now that the usefulness of the build logs. I know they are tedious to write, but I am building grifflyer's F-22 right now and FoamyDM's build log is coming in very handy.
I do not think they should be excluded in the future.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I think I recognize now that the usefulness of the build logs. I know they are tedious to write, but I am building grifflyer's F-22 right now and FoamyDM's build log is coming in very handy.
I do not think they should be excluded in the future.
I am glad my documented adventure in how not to do it is helping someone. Thank for the update.