FTFC21 - Build-ruary the 4th

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I shall be tuning in to watch this virtual aircraft factory in action, but four builds in a month is too much for me!

Outside of the challenge, though, I will be persuing a Build-ruary of my own and working on my FT Master Series Spitfire, while also designing the next WingMillRC project. :)
I hear it every year... ANYONE WHO COMPETED in PREVIOUS YEARS CHIME IN PLEASE.

It is FUN to TRY. Through your hat in the ring and do your best. you will have this pile of nuts cheering you on.

mackaiver

Elite member

mackaiver

Elite member
[2021 Build-Ruary Picture]

February is FT-Build-Ruary Month! (for the 4th TIME:eek:)

Hi All, Lets welcome another flying season, ready to go!
Once Again, I challenge all here to turn February into FT-Build-Ruary

So Many Planes So Little Time:
I, like most folk in this community, have a LONG build list of planes I would LOVE to build. Since I have Gotten involved here in the forums and this challenge in 2018, there has been in incredible influx of new Classic Balsa designs turned Foam, fantasy Planes, Plans, builds and ideas/inspiration with the Bloody WWII Baby! forum thread and and the FTFC WWII Design & Build Challenge, and the FTFC Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge the FTFC Classic to Modern Challenge, as well as any plans listed by SPONZ and other forum members. and this Past year with Covid-19, has brought in a number of new designers and designs. This Challenge is expected to be conducted in Conjunction with a Water Plane Design-Build Challenge I will co-host. A submission that fulfills both challenges my be submitted.

Challenge: Spend February building at least 4 functioning RC Foam planes. Make a list and Build-log for each plane on the list. This will be scored out of 100 pts. (8 pts for entry, and 23 pts for each Build)

TO ENTER:
Be sure to post your entry below:
Must have a Declaration of participation with a link to your Build Thread
a list of your four(4) planes.

Build Thread Summary (5 pts):
Start a Thread - "FTFC21: Build-ruary by (Builder)" with your linked build list. Include your estimated Build Skill and Piloting Skill (1=New, 5=Expert)

Example:
FTFC21: Build-ruary by FoamyDM (Build Skill: 4 Skilled, Pilot SKill: 3 Novice)
  1. FT- Mustang
  2. FDM MM Explorer
  3. Depron to the Rescue <250g Autonomous FPV Searching Rig
  4. FTFC21 - Aquatic Design & Build: Flying Boat
BUILD POSTS: (23pts each)
Set aside Posts 2 - 5 and title them "FT-Build-Ruary: (plane) Build by (builder)"
Each build post will be scored as follows on March 1st 2021 Midnight EST (-5GMT):
  1. 5pts Picture of the plane with Plans link and/or Forum link (for other community members to find them) and your reason for choosing this plane.
  2. 8pts Build-log: A brief explanation of your build process, and note difficulties, changes and tips along the way. Be sure include your build pics and a estimated build time. Include your take on how the build went (1 Simple -5 Complex) and how it flew (1-easy to 5-Hard). [2 pts basic, 4 pts helpful, 6pts detailed and helpful, 8pts article ready.]
  3. 3pts Color Scheme - A decorated plane is more fun.
  4. 5pts Maiden Video *Due before March 8th*
  5. 2 pts Post-project reflective statement. (Summary of Do's, Don't and tips)
*Planes started prior to Febraury 1st will take a 10 pt. deduction.*

The Build Challenge Begins February 1st and Ends on the 1st of March 2021!
Maiden Videos must be posted before March 8th.

Parts 1, 2 and 3 posts as of March 1st will not be judged
Parts 4 and 5 dated as of March 8th will not be judged
*That means You will have 1 additional weeks to get your maiden flight edited and posted*

The Winner will receive (Supplied by FoamyDM):
  • Bragging Rights!
  • I plan set cut from DTFB*
  • Trophy (maybe)
Runner Up will receive
  • Full Size Printed Plans*
*plans must be supplied by the winner.

Good Luck FT Community, Get your plans ready and Happy Building!

-FoamyDM
do they have to have electrics cuse i only have one set of mini electonics. so dose that count?

GrizWiz

Elite member
Question would it be against the rules to start designing a plane before February as long as I build it in February?

GrizWiz

Elite member
1. EZ Cessna Skymaster (My own design)
2. FT Pun jet or Arrow
3. Mini MS P-40, P-39, or Spitfire(all my own design) I will do a vote on my thread!
4. EZ ME-262 with 2 35mm EDFs
5. Mighty Mini Stick(my own design) Extra

Edit! Here is my Thread

Last edited:

mackaiver

Elite member
1. EZ Cessna Skymaster (My own design)
2. FT Pun jet or Arrow
3. Mini MS P-40, P-39, or Spitfire(all my own design) I will do a vote on my thread!
4. EZ ME-262 with 2 35mm EDFs
5. Mighty Mini Stick(my own design) Extra
where are the me 262 plans??????????