FTFC21 - Seaplane Design & Build by Leaded50, Pegna P.c.1 - 1921 Schneider Cup Racer

Apis

a retract sequencer does slow down(delays) the time before servo function, NOT the travel of the servo. (ive tried before) Ardunio controlled, i dont know. But.... here i dont need it anyway, its as i wanted it as it is now :) Its even stated in that FT article: "The speed of opening cannot be controlled typically"...
And this servo, with motor on, and other servos moving, handle functions together without problems.

I control my flaps deployment in an OpenTX radio. I make them deploy over 2 seconds and retract over 0.5 seconds.

cyclone3350

Master member
the videocamera used on water taxi testing cut after 2.5 minuts today (sad enough :cautious: ) and cut the Pegna test. Both the H7Y and the Pegna racer was tested.
The Pegna did function quite good, the pivoting front functioned well, but was set at too low endpoint (prop touched water) After resetting at TX this was no problem. The rudder who dont get in water just affected by air push from prop, wasnt "superb". here a also water rudder part would be nice for better handling on water. The floats was needed for stabilizing on water, and will be in plans.
It raised the front nicely with correct stance at water by a little speed, and took off very easy. I had setup too little elevator movement down, for getting time to adjust to the transition by lowered pivoting front. It rasied nose further and flipped in air without chance to correct with elevator...... before laying at the back (at water...) . All by max 25% throttle :LOL:.

At least its tested on water, and was up in air.. (a little!)

U got it in the air. Bravo. With something this complex, it is hard to imagen that it would have worked perfectly the first time. ( it would not have for me for sure). Sounds like U put a lot of thought into all the dynamics involved. With some tweaking, U will have it working and hopefully an awesome video soon.

leaded50

Legendary member

U got it in the air. Bravo. With something this complex, it is hard to imagen that it would have worked perfectly the first time. ( it would not have for me for sure). Sounds like U put a lot of thought into all the dynamics involved. With some tweaking, U will have it working and hopefully an awesome video soon.

Yeah, i know, minor tweaking and a water rudder, its ready to fly. :)

leaded50

Legendary member
DSC_0845.JPG
DSC_0847.JPG

Apis

Have you considered reducing the prop size by switching to a three or four blade? Would make the angle needed to clear the water less severe.

leaded50

Legendary member
Have you considered reducing the prop size by switching to a three or four blade? Would make the angle needed to clear the water less severe.
Nope, because isnt needed. The angle as here does clear the prop from water.. and seems even help for easy take-off.
And... its the pivoting front who does much of the uniqueness of the plane! :)

Last edited:

GrizWiz

Elite member
Speaking of hot glue guns breaking, mine broke a week ago. The tube that feeds the glue to the coils broke or melted... The glue filled the entire gun and almost caught on fire!