FTFC21 - Seaplane Design & Build by Leaded50, Pegna P.c.1 - 1921 Schneider Cup Racer

leaded50

Legendary member
i decided use that lightweight "plastic - stuff" i got earlyer from a friend for the pivoting front. (dont know name, but is used for mount signs, posters eg. )
Heated its easy to shape, and keep shape, even is a little bendable. Then dont need internal structure, or epoxyglue all over for stiffness to keep shape, as by foamboard.
Her is a picture under testing /adjustment for fit in shape.
DSC_0818.JPG

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
yeah, i know... just that at some parts i like better use a hot.gun. Well, its just few says before shops open again...
hey. I probably know why it broke. I have been having problems too. what you need to do is not easy, but take it apart, and keep everything, especially the springs are hard to find. then heat it up, take a bamboo skewer, and in heat proof gloves, hold it and use the skewer to clean it out fully. then let sit heated for about 30 minutes. put it back together and you should be good to go.

leaded50

Legendary member
more drawbacks.... :
i got a problem that Banggood delivered plastic gear servos without correct horns and screw to hold servoarm ( delivered horn/screw to metal gear) on my last shipment.
Solution = buy another for this build for $24 national, to use on the pivoting frontpart, then i got a higher torque servo, and waterproof. AND delivered in a couple of days! ...and i know i got a functional correct package of parts.

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
more drawbacks.... :
i got a problem that Banggood delivered plastic gear servos without correct horns and screw to hold servoarm ( delivered horn/screw to metal gear) on my last shipment.
Solution = buy another for this build for $24 national, to use on the pivoting frontpart, then i got a higher torque servo, and waterproof. AND delivered in a couple of days! ...and i know i got a functional correct package of parts.
how do you waterproof your electronics though?

leaded50

Legendary member
how do you waterproof your electronics though?
FT did make an ok video on it.
I use a ballon for the reciver. Servos uses silicone on bottom, and a "special grease infused" o-ring thats fits on top, if are in (possible) waterpsray, if not, dont do nothing, since cheap ones are just to change. ESC depending.. filled ends to cables with silicone mostly, and always try install esc/reciver as high on plane as possible away from possible water..
If the plane go under water,(or stays a bit under) its gonna be electronic failures anyway.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
FT did make an ok video on it.
I use a ballon for the reciver. Servos uses silicone on bottom, and a "special grease infused" o-ring thats fits on top, if are in (possible) waterpsray, if not, dont do nothing, since cheap ones are just to change. ESC depending.. filled ends to cables with silicone mostly, and always try install esc/reciver as high on plane as possible away from possible water..
If the plane go under water,(or stays a bit under) its gonna be electronic failures anyway.
ok. thanks. the esc and reciever will be in the actual plane, which is pretty high up, being on floats.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member

cyclone3350

Master member