FTFC22 - Build-ruary Build Challenge

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
Hello everyone. I’m back from a crazy hiatus! It was probably enjoyable without me here lol. If nobody’s wondering, i had temporarily stay with my cousin for two weeks because my grandmother was very sick. Unfortunately she passed away of heart failure on the 27. But, on the bright side, I did fly (and crash) my goblin with my cousin. I also finished my stick that has been awaiting maiden for a week, and got some Flerken plans made taped together. I really wish I could have finished in a properly manner. The two planes that I did finish (sorta) where super fun to make that fast (even though I had to the stick spar 4 times). And hey, there’s always next year!

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
Hello everyone. I’m back from a crazy hiatus! It was probably enjoyable without me here lol. If nobody’s wondering, i had temporarily stay with my cousin for two weeks because my grandmother was very sick. Unfortunately she passed away of heart failure on the 27. But, on the bright side, I did fly (and crash) my goblin with my cousin. I also finished my stick that has been awaiting maiden for a week, and got some Flerken plans made taped together. I really wish I could have finished in a properly manner. The two planes that I did finish (sorta) where super fun to make that fast (even though I had to the stick spar 4 times). And hey, there’s always next year!
oh, I am sorry about your grandmother, but I am glad you are back! Good job on getting out and flying! I haven't flown since I almost had a fireball in the air, what happened was I went out to fly and my only lipo died. I had to keep flying with it for ~2 minutes because of the wind direction I could not land quickly. I was not in a hurry to land as I though my lipo alarm had just come off of one of the pins and was giving a false dead, but when I landed it turns out one cell had died. it was at 2.8 volts and went as low as 1.3 in flight. super scary and I am so glad I landed before I had a fireball, on the other hand I was excited about the landing as it was my first landing that I did not break something on.
anyway, glad to have you back!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Thanks for the Update. I am very sorry for your loss. (my Gramma was special lady I miss still) but it sounds like you made some good out of the situation. sounds like some good fun flying with your cousins. and really you made some good progress on Buildruary anyway.
Glad you gave this a go!

AgentC

Elite member
Night-time snowy maiden! Will try get some daytime flying and get a video of up soon :)
EZ Glider.gif

IMG_20220302_182508.jpg IMG_20220302_155240.jpg

bwarz

Master member
headed out to maiden the p36 this afternoon and the ground is a frozen cheese grater. I don't want to de-skin the underside on her first flight! snowing now so maybe this weekend

FoamyDM

I haven't forgotten this contest, just needed a breather! I have it now.

I am Currently reviewing the entries and should have results short order.

On initial review, We have 4 tiers in the competition.
1st - Non-starters - good intentions that never even got a build thread off the ground. (​
2nd - Build thread built, and something started.​
3rd - Gave it an honest go and due to life or something else, didn't finish the challenge completely​
4th - These guys Did it! they completed the challenge well. And completely.​

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
I haven't forgotten this contest, just needed a breather! I have it now.

I am Currently reviewing the entries and should have results short order.

On initial review, We have 4 tiers in the competition.
1st - Non-starters - good intentions that never even got a build thread off the ground. (​
2nd - Build thread built, and something started.​
3rd - Gave it an honest go and due to life or something else, didn't finish the challenge completely​
4th - These guys Did it! they completed the challenge well. And completely.​
i have no good way to upload videos so im sorry about that.

FoamyDM

@Battery800 Glad that they are in the flying arsenal.
@Ligbaer there is not need for apologies. I have seen people take short clips of Proof of Flight and make moving GIFs, or upload them to other youtube-like places (vimeo or on a Google drive), or even a photo (if you can get one). no need to sweat it.

While it is a part of the challenge... when it's all said and done, the goal (in my book) was to have fun, enjoy the comradery/community support, and have some flyers ready for the season. It always works for me.