Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, march 31st

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • dellay it to april foools day

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hello everyone! Please participate in this forums challenge if you want. The goal is to make an all around, twin engine, trainer style STOL plane. that sounds like a lot, but here are the requirements:
  • Must include some type of plans, or measurements and description
  • Must be compatible with floats and skis (plans for them must be included in submission)
  • Must use something similar to power pack a twin
  • Max. wingspan 40 inches
  • May use other parts of other planes as plans
  • must have a successful flight before submission.
  • Have fun!
  • optional, but recommended, STOL (like the twin otter)
  • The prize is bragging rights and me sending you a really cool surprise 3d printed pen!!
Please post down below if you want to participate. hoping to get at least 5 designs.
OH! and by the way, the deadline for final submissions is march 31st. this might be extended.

Edit!! twin engine is not needed, neither are the plans for floats. look at @The Hangar's submission for a good example. I get that this has turned into more of a challenge for "what should I build next" now it is a what can you come up with! the most unusual designs will be counted the best, but the only requirement if you have a single motor is that it is not in the front of the plane. (This is for newbies, fro not breaking the prop when crashing)

Last edited:

tesseract

Master member
Hello everyone! Please participate in this forums challenge if you want. The goal is to make an all around, twin engine, trainer style STOL plane. that sounds like a lot, but here are the requirements:
  • Must include some type of plans, or measurements and description
  • Must be compatible with floats and skis (plans for them must be included in submission)
  • Must use something similar to power pack a twin
  • Max. wingspan 40 inches
  • May use other parts of other planes as plans
  • must have a successful flight before submission.
  • Have fun!
  • optional, but recommended, STOL (like the twin otter)
  • I, a teenager just starting into the hobby, and very interested in aviation shall decide the winner, the plane that I will build. This will depend on: looks, STOL or not, how easy it is to build (I prefer a challenge), and how close to trainer like characteristics it has.
Please post down below if you want to participate. hoping to get at least 5 designs.
OH! and by the way, the deadline for final submissions is march 31st. this might be extended.
I would join, but I only have 1 motor. I'll tag a bunch of people who do have many motors!
@BATTLEAXE @Wildthing @Timmy @SquirrelTail @Flyingshark @leaded50
That should be enough humans

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
what is the build ruary thing? also, if you have only one motor, that is fine, I just thought that 2 motors would be better, but if you only have one, ythat is completely fine. power pack a though. also, the idea of 2 motors was that there was supposed to be no motor on the nose, the nose was supposed to crash before the propeller. so there you go, PlanesAndThings, you can keep it down to one motor, if there is something in fromt of the prop, like floats.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
The whole Idea of this was I wanted a mini stol, and the only one I saw out there was the shrubsmacker, which I did not really like. so here we are and I am making this challenge for everyone to find when they want a mini stol.

Timmy

Legendary member
The whole Idea of this was I wanted a mini stol, and the only one I saw out there was the shrubsmacker, which I did not really like. so here we are and I am making this challenge for everyone to find when they want a mini stol.
SE5 has pretty good STOL characteristics from what I know.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
NO, I am not going to build them this is a challenge where you all design and build them, and then I judge. I do not want flitetest designs and was looking for the ingenuity of other designers, maybe to get 5 designers into this challenge. please ask if your friends want to participate here. I hope they can.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
what is the build ruary thing? also, if you have only one motor, that is fine, I just thought that 2 motors would be better, but if you only have one, ythat is completely fine. power pack a though. also, the idea of 2 motors was that there was supposed to be no motor on the nose, the nose was supposed to crash before the propeller. so there you go, PlanesAndThings, you can keep it down to one motor, if there is something in fromt of the prop, like floats.
good luck with the Challenge. Build-ruary is 4 planes - built, and flown in the 4 weeks of February. It sounds simple... but life sure does make it harder

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
depending on @FoamyDM 's response to my question about swapping one of my design for the Build-ruary, I might switch one of my builds to a twin stol.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I think got a I could enter too! Although I don't have any plans for it.

Would this work?
IMG_20200915_140346609.jpg
IMG_20200915_140339036.jpg
IMG_20200915_160216907.jpg
IMG_20200917_231358681.jpg