Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, march 31st

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • dellay it to april foools day

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I'm still unsure what the aircraft will be judged on and what the rules are. @FlyerInStyle could you clarify this for me? Thanks in advance!
So the aircraft will be judjed on hwo well they can handle different terrain, like water, snow, land, without building any accessories. then they will be judjed on the quality of the build instructions. they also will be judjed on their flying and stol capabilities. last is the looks. then comes the loose but needed rules, that twin is reccomended, and that the wingspan is max. 40 inch. does that clear it up?

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
So the aircraft will be judjed on hwo well they can handle different terrain, like water, snow, land, without building any accessories. then they will be judjed on the quality of the build instructions. they also will be judjed on their flying and stol capabilities. last is the looks. then comes the loose but needed rules, that twin is reccomended, and that the wingspan is max. 40 inch. does that clear it up?
Are there any rules on plans or materials?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Hello everyone! Please participate in this forums challenge if you want. The goal is to make an all around, twin engine, trainer style STOL plane. that sounds like a lot, but here are the requirements:
  • Must include some type of plans, or measurements and description
  • Must be compatible with floats and skis (plans for them must be included in submission)
  • Must use something similar to power pack a twin
  • Max. wingspan 40 inches
  • May use other parts of other planes as plans
  • must have a successful flight before submission.
  • Have fun!
  • optional, but recommended, STOL (like the twin otter)
  • The prize is bragging rights and me sending you a really cool surprise 3d printed pen!!
Please post down below if you want to participate. hoping to get at least 5 designs.
OH! and by the way, the deadline for final submissions is march 31st. this might be extended.

Edit!! twin engine is not needed, neither are the plans for floats. look at @The Hangar's submission for a good example. I get that this has turned into more of a challenge for "what should I build next" now it is a what can you come up with! the most unusual designs will be counted the best, but the only requirement if you have a single motor is that it is not in the front of the plane. (This is for newbies, fro not breaking the prop when crashing)
Thats a novel way to get someone else to design, build and test fly the plane you want, in fact it sounds just like the specification you where after for the sea plane but had no plan for LOL :LOL:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I love bush planes and ordinarily I would jump at the chance, but not a good time for me at the moment too much going on in my life.
Building and flying for that matter will be taking a back seat for a while.
Good luck with the Challenge

Phin G

Elite member
Hello everyone! Please participate in this forums challenge if you want. The goal is to make an all around, twin engine, trainer style STOL plane. that sounds like a lot, but here are the requirements:
  • Must include some type of plans, or measurements and description
  • Must be compatible with floats and skis (plans for them must be included in submission)
  • Must use something similar to power pack a twin
  • Max. wingspan 40 inches
  • May use other parts of other planes as plans
  • must have a successful flight before submission.
  • Have fun!
  • optional, but recommended, STOL (like the twin otter)
  • The prize is bragging rights and me sending you a really cool surprise 3d printed pen!!
Please post down below if you want to participate. hoping to get at least 5 designs.
OH! and by the way, the deadline for final submissions is march 31st. this might be extended.

Edit!! twin engine is not needed, neither are the plans for floats. look at @The Hangar's submission for a good example. I get that this has turned into more of a challenge for "what should I build next" now it is a what can you come up with! the most unusual designs will be counted the best, but the only requirement if you have a single motor is that it is not in the front of the plane. (This is for newbies, fro not breaking the prop when crashing)
Love to do it however i dont have any eletronics/ money to power it. I may just build a skeleton frame with no eletronics tho.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
that would work, @Phin G , also mackaiver was willing to do a beta run for me, when I though I could not afford electronics, now I can, so maybe you can ask mackaiver to build it with actual electronics, and you do a collaboration, as I am doing with @GrizWiz .

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Yes, ekranoplan, can work, this challenge can be personalized. the only thing though is that the ekranoplan still needs stol capabilities.

Phin G

Elite member
Yes, ekranoplan, can work, this challenge can be personalized. the only thing though is that the ekranoplan still needs stol capabilities.
Awesome since my mum put £150 in my bank so i have £50 accessible and i have low powered motors so it would probably not fly hence the ecranoplan.

Phin G

Elite member
Between school and building my 109in champ I wont be able to do this challenge, but, If you want a quick build, you could try out my Tee Dee 0.20 racer.
Same and i just lost my uncle a week ago so slow very slow. I wonder if i could enter my adopted pheasant who lives in my garden.?🤔🤔😂

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Same and i just lost my uncle a week ago so slow very slow. I wonder if i could enter my adopted pheasant who lives in my garden.?🤔🤔😂
sorry that noone could enter.
I guess making challenges is not my thing. oh well. I will exstend the deadline to april 31st though.

Phin G

Elite member
sorry that noone could enter.
Oh abu was looking forward to it 🤣🤣 8D99414F-0E38-4182-9593-0C996B43FA05.jpeg

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I really like your dragonfly! it is ready for submission! plans can be made later! I thought that that is all you had left!
I thought you wanted the airplanes to be made out of foam board. If so, It'll be quite a bit of work to redesign it to be made of foam board. If you want me to I can give you the dimensions for it and a little demonstration video for it too