FTFF 2017 Ultimate FT-Teen Project

What Should we do for the FTFF'17 Project?

• Build Something Big

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Build Something Cool

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Do a Challenge

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Techno

Sunny Day Park Flyer
Update #2 We have moved this thread into a chat on the FliteTest Discord server (courtesy of AlternateSource) in order to facilitate better collaboration.
Feel free to join the server at this link:

https://discord.gg/ay9vvVB

I will still keep this first post up to date with whatever the project is

-Jonathan Friedrich

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Not that they are not already agile as all get out how about a larger (not quite giant scale) scale F-14 Tomcat with functional sweep wing, and the challenge to the design to be fully functioning thrust vectoring and or possibly making it VTOL. That should be ambitious enough to design now and put into service at FF. The thrust vectoring and VTOL have to be done by the two EDF only. No third power plant. A flight controller is allowed as it would probably be needed for the VTOL capabilities to be a realistic goal.

Techno

Sunny Day Park Flyer
I've been thinking since yesterday and I want to come up with a challenge that we could do.
I was thinking that we could do a mid-air package exchange (FliteTest tried it, it didn't work out, maybe we can do one better?)

There are already so many (In David voice) HUGE planes built at FliteFest, I want to something never successfully done before

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Tex, that's Swedish, not NooYoaker ;)

Techno,

There have been a few times in my career that I've been given and ignored the advise that a problem I've picked is exceptionally harder than I thought it was, and to pick another.

I earned a TREMENDOUS amount of experience each time . . . and failed miserably.

Knowing how I took it, I'll give you this advise instead . . .

Build something Awesome, and Crazy and Unique.

If you pick that project, be prepared to earn a TREMENDOUS amount of experience.

remzak

I'm definetly interested in partaking, Bob needs a flight buddy. I'll hop in the discord, can't wait to talk to some of you guys.