FTFF East 2017 International Air Races: Rules and Registration

Fidget

The schedule for FF East is up now. I only noticed the Bixler Trophy in terms of races (Saturday at 4pm). Are we planning to do all of our racing then?

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Furey Cup: Friday at 5PM
Bixler Trophy: Saturday at 4PM

No word yet on the static display. I will touch base with Jordan later.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Does this qualify as a FT approved helmet for a spotter?

helmet front.jpg

Helmet side.jpg

If so put me down as a Team Rockyboy spotter first if not I will help the enemy if a major need for spotters is in effect.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
It's good by me!! I've got a spotter!! :applause:

Now all I need a good maiden flight so I've got a plane to fly... :p

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Alrighty Gents. We have a problem and we are in need of a community member to step up to the plate.

Dan (Crafty variety) has informed me that his wing spar construction has gone awry twice now and will not be able to complete the Sorceress as the pace plane for the Bixler Trophy. Dan and I have previously discussed this possibility and agreed that the FT Racer would be a suitable last-minute pace-plane for this race. If someone has one or would like to build one to be the pace setter for this race please reach out to me. You would be a big hero to keep this event going.

Fidget

I don't have an FT Racer, but I do have a mostly built FT Mustang that I would lend to the cause. Just needs prop and some decoration, which I can get done.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I have a Dynam Pitts I can bring if someone wants to pilot that as the pacer if needed. Just let me know before we start driving to FFE. I can pillage the D4rii out of the Versa copter so it will fly with a / my Taranis if needed.

Specs for comparison.

1067 mm wing Span
1130 mm Length
43g/ dm^
Rudder and elevator servos changed out for metal gear higher torque.. (forget actual specs after three years hehe)
50 a esc and 3720a-KV650 motor
recommended 4s 2200 mah 25c.. (pfft)
Fly weight 1300g

Probably a tad slow for a pacer but its a Pitts and will make the laps needed with the right pilot.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
@ Fidget: It may come down to that. If you are willing to fly it then by all means, bring it. Keep in mind that you will need a battery to last upwards of 10 minutes, possibly.

Id like to keep this a foam board event, Psyborg.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Just offering a potentially sacrificial air plane if the need arises to make sure something visible in in the air.

Fidget

@ Fidget: It may come down to that. If you are willing to fly it then by all means, bring it. Keep in mind that you will need a battery to last upwards of 10 minutes, possibly.

I will get it finished and bring it.

Couple of other thoughts:
- I'm not the world's best pilot, and I've never flown the Mustang before. I will plan to maiden it Wednesday or Thursday and get used to it, but I would be willing to let Crafty Dan fly it.
- I figured out how to squeeze two 220mAh 3s packs into it, although it starts to get heavy. I can make a parallel cable, in hopes that will get ample flight time.

Alan