FTFF West 2017 International Air Races: Rules and Registration

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Thanks for the update Aviator08 - your Ripsliger looks appropriately menacing!

Still need to see if I can get a build in for this. I would love to do the Travel Air Mystery Ship, just to add a bit of variety to the line up - if I can get a couple of other things out of the way this weekend.

DamoRC

Edit - Scrap that, I had no idea it had a 60 inch wingspan - too big for the Prius.

Last edited:

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Thanks for the update Aviator08 - your Ripsliger looks appropriately menacing!

Still need to see if I can get a build in for this. I would love to do the Travel Air Mystery Ship, just to add a bit of variety to the line up - if I can get a couple of other things out of the way this weekend.

DamoRC

Edit - Scrap that, I had no idea it had a 60 inch wingspan - too big for the Prius.

That would be a great addition, Could you do the final assembly at FF? ( course there is the issue of what to do after the event).

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Chase plane for the Bixler Race

Just a quick video of the Chase plane for the Bixler race at Flite Fest West.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Recommended Battery size

To the contestants of the Furey race,

Based on the demo above, I recommend that you use a minimum battery size of 2600 mh . This should ensure that you are able to complete the 10 laps with some battery left over. As stated in the video, I was able to complete it with a 2200 mh battery ( 4 cell) , but there was not a whole lot of juice left when done.

Tim

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
@Mid7night
I thought that's expressly why they hold Combat flights?!

I prefer something light and nimble for combat - that why I built this!

@Aviator08 - thanks so much for the videos and the extra information on the batteries. Unfortunately, I just took delivery of two 2200mAh 4S for the Diamond EDF and was hoping to also use them for this event. I think we are going to be underpowered from a competitive standpoint, so we should be okay (albeit a little slow). Started to build rockyboy's Caudron for the event to add some "blue" to the field (probably literally). Will try to get the official entry in once I am sure I can finish the plane on time.

Thanks again for all your efforts coordinating this.

DamoRC

Last edited:

FallingInStyle

file:///home/chronos/u-1cccfb050136d796cea3cf461c0ac21e0e96e8cb/Downloads/International%20Airaces.pdf

A poster I made.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-04-14 at 10.42.45.png
    Screenshot 2017-04-14 at 10.42.45.png
    145 KB · Views: 0

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Sorry for being late with the entry. We have not finished or maidened the Caudron yet. Assuming all goes well and DamoRC Jnr is good to fly:

Eoin Cunningham.
Exhibition, static display, Bixler Tropy, and Furey Cup
Caudron C460
Have Spotter

DamoRC

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Sorry for being late with the entry. We have not finished or maidened the Caudron yet. Assuming all goes well and DamoRC Jnr is good to fly:

Eoin Cunningham.
Exhibition, static display, Bixler Tropy, and Furey Cup
Caudron C460
Have Spotter

DamoRC

Great!! Welcome to the Line-up. This is going to be a Blast!!

Tim

abarton

Hope I'm not too late to register, been busy building.

Alan Barton
Exhibition, static display and Furey Cup
Laird Super Solution
Have Spotter

abarton

What would everyone say to putting the 2017 race patch graphic on the vertical stab of our plane's? Just a thought.

Thanks
Alan B

Last edited:

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
What would everyone say to putting the 2017 race patch graphic on the vertical stab of our plane's? Just a thought.

Thanks
Alan B

I think that would be up to the individual pilot. The logo is Steven Rosema's, but Wilsonman ( Joshua ) said it was okay to send it to you. Send me a private message with your email, and I will forward the logo file to you.

Tim

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Just over one week till Flite Fest West !!

Please post your intention to race in any of the races that you qualify for if you think you might race. ( thank you if you already have.)

Tim

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Tim. Sorry but I destroyed the Caudron today at FFW (after some nice flights yesterday!)

So looks like you'll have an extra spotter if you need one.

DamoRC

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
And the winner is....

And the results are?!

Ben Harber !! With his Folkerts SK3

Congratulations !!

Trophy.JPG

Here is the Trophy that I 3D printed for the winner. I forgot to get a picture of Ben holding it.

Sorry for the late announcement. Just got back home from FF West. What a terrific weekend!! Really cool to meet all the Flite Test Staff and be able to put faces with the names of some of those on the forums.

Last edited: