FTFF15 Build Zone Organizer Team

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hey Folks,

As the team lead for the Build Zone I'd like to create a rally point for people who want to volunteer to help organize in the build zone, helping to keep the place running smoothly, direct people to the resources they need, and encourage others to be good neighbors. It's a job that needs a bit of flexibility, a bit of building know-how, and a bit of hanging out with people having fun. This shift will be more about keeping things running than helping others build, but as you have time, you're welcome to lend a hand with that.

** Keep in mind ** this signup is for those organizing the build zone. Volunteers from other teams that want to help out building in their spare time go to this thread:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?16863-FTFF15-Build-Zone-Builder-Team&p=180501

I'd also like to announce that Dan Sponholz (Sponz) has accepted the position as alternate lead for the area -- If you haven't chatted with him around the forum, he's a skilled builder and designer, a great guy to talk to and should be a good for everybody to work with.

If you haven't already, please take the time to read the Build Zone Manifesto (yeah, I know, tl;dr, but read it anyways ;) ) -- it should explain what the area's concept is and how you can fit in with it. I've not been very speedy in answering questions, but I am reading the comments, so if you've got ideas, I'm listening . . . I'll try to answer eventually.

I'm also importing the list of names on the original "Flite Fest 2015 Volunteers Area" thread -- if you want to toss your name in the ring, post and I'll add you to the schedule.

If you would, please post below your name, preferred days/times, and the FT models you feel able to help build (please edit the post if you learn another between now and FTFF). As we get closer I'll try to build and post a schedule so the Build Zone is covered most of the active times and each volunteer gets plenty of time off.

Build Zone Organizer Volunteers:

CraftyDan (Dan Crews)
Sponz (Dan Sponholz)
bitogre (Devin)
AkimboGlueGuns (Keegan Sponholz)
HomeBuildHobbies (Kenneth White)

Thanks for volunteering, and welcome aboard :)

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I'll go first . . . sorta

Name: Dan Crews
Time available: Afternoons and evenings - Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday

FT Builds I can help build:
Flyer
Versa
Bloody Wonder
Spitfire
Mustang
Storch

(see! that was easy )

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Name: Dan Sponholz
Time Available: Open - Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday morning

Builds I can help build:

Flite Test Planes

• FT Nutball (templates)
  • FT Flyer
  • FT Delta
  • FT Bloody Wonder (templates)
  • FT Versa (templates)
  • FT 3D (templates)
  • FT Spitfire (templates)
  • FT Mustang (templates)
  • FT Racer (templates)
  • FT Duster (templates)
  • FT Simple Storch
  • FT Mini Scout (templates)
  • FT Mini Guinea (work in progress) (templates)

Other Planes

• Bloody Baron (should be an FT SBK by FF2015) (templates)
  • Baby Baron (templates)
  • Bloody Wonder MkIII (templates)
  • Ugly Wonder (templates)
  • FliteStick by HotWax (templates)

Last edited:

meehan

Name: Tim Meehan
Time available: Any time - Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday

FT Builds I can help build:
Flyer
Nutball
Versa
Bloody Wonder
FT3D

Not sure if multi-rotors will be in the build tent but I could also help with those.

Last edited:

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Name: Keegan Sponholz
Time available: Fri-Sun mid mornings

FT builds I can help with:
FT Mustang
FT Spitfire
FT Baby Blender
FT Versa Wing
FT Bloody Wonder
FT Bloody Baron
FT Simple Storch
FT Guinea Pig
FT Mini Guinea
FT Tiny Trainer
FT Mini Speedster
FT Mini Scout
FT Duster

andguent

Forgive the thread resurrection please.

I just signed up for volunteering and Monkey has confirmed me in some spreadsheet somewhere. I have scratchbuilt a Tiny Trainer and a BN Versa. Beyond that, I've been armchair quarterbacking multicopter build problems for 6+ months now over at http://www.reddit.com/r/multicopter. Example post here.

I'm also an expert at picking trash up. :) I can organize, just do trash duty, or anything between. I'll likely bring a cheapie 25w soldering station and possibly a couple dozen rulers that I don't need back.

I'll have my wife, 2 yo, and in laws around for the weekend. I'll probably prefer mornings but can be flexible.

-Andrew

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
This may seem old, but it's hardly necro-posting. Thanks for throwing in with us :)

I'm going to see if I can get Flying Monkey to send around an "I've built X and I can help others" email to all the volunteers . . . but that might be in a day or so. If so, hopefully we'll see more traffic here

It's getting close, and the plans are all starting to firm up to AWESOME :D

Rotorblade

Formation Flyer
Jim Macius and Sarah K. checking in.
skilled in all things multi-rotor: tricopter,vtail,quad, y6, DJI Naza, APM, naze 32, Inspire 1 , and kk2 tuning.

Am available to help out whenever over the 4 days for multiple shifts.

My girlfriend Sarah is also registered with flying monkey to help out too. We're both open to helping out wherever.

Are we supposed to post in each of the threads where we are open to volunteering with?

Last edited:

Denibqatlh

Adding my name to the list.

Name: Joe Osborne
Time Available: Any time, any day

Planes I've built and can help with:
FT 3D
FT 22
FT Baby Blender
FT Bloody Wonder
FT Cruiser
FT Delta
FT Flyer
FT Mini Cruiser
FT Mini Scout
FT Mini Speedster
FT Mustang
FT Nutball
FT Old Fogey
FT Spitfire
FT Simple Soarer
FT Storch

Bloody Baron
Ugly Wonder

Also I've built from MesaRCFoamFighters:
MF-15 Eagle
MF-35 Thunder
MF Typhoon

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Jim,

You're welcome to if you like. We'll be connecting volunteers to shifts on the day of (as described here). Letting the team leads (and Flying Monkey) know what you're interested in helps us connect people with shifts they prefer, but it's not required.

. . . and welcome to the team :)

Last edited: