FTFF15 Parking Team

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys, thanks for volunteering to help out with this year's event. I'm excited to announce that your team leaders will be Curt (Trimax), and Andre (his user name is his real name, I know... what can you do?) Both took on the task last year and are now veteran parking personnel. You'll have a great time working with them.

Check back here often for updates, and for those who have been through this before feel free to post suggestions. New folks, please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

Looking forward to Flite Fest this year. See you there!

Fred

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I was hoping to guide people with a phantom, but Fred nixed the idea, even though it would have been me wearing a sandwich board drawing of a phantom.

Return to home. Lost gps lock. Landing.

I will add that Patrick is selling his registration team with the idea you'll be meeting people first. They are a great team and critical to the event, but if you work parking, you'll be the absolute first to greet everyone and be responsible for them getting to their lovely campsite or parking spot for the day or entire weekend!

Last edited:

Trimax

I,ll be putting together a schedule to try and accomadate the ones that are on parking team
it will be a time from 7am until 5pm with lite coverage form 5-7. Im working on putting together a list of position. the Entrance will be covered by another team so we will have from the hanger area and the camp areas to cover. Position currently will be 1. director 2. runner
3. several people to guide people into position in different areas. Currently im thinking of each shift to be 2 hours for each position and then 2 - 1 hour shifts to cover from 5-7 that way everyone can have the evenings to fly. we will have a meeting each evening to cover and thing we need or any issues. Right now this is all tentative.

earthsciteach

I was hoping to guide people with a phantom, but Fred nixed the idea, even though it would have been me wearing a sandwich board drawing of a phantom.

Return to home. Lost gps lock. Landing.

I will add that Patrick is selling his registration team with the idea you'll be meeting people first. They are a great team and critical to the event, but if you work parking, you'll be the absolute first to greet everyone and be responsible for them getting to their lovely campsite or parking spot for the day or entire weekend!

Registration is under the cover of canopies. Nicely shaded.

Trimax

the cheap stuff works fine plus we will be getting Vitamin D with the added benefit of exercise there is no need for them to go to the dark side. Keep it up register team and youll be parked at the FAR END!!! ;)

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Hey, maybe the parking team should consider making those propeller head hats that DavidW/rcexplorer so famously made. Ours could be solar powered so that we don't need to worry about keeping lipos charged...

We would just need something like this:
http://www.geekculture.com/geekculturestore/webstore/coolmax.html

and the electronics:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/37290051?...56918335&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=79534356615&veh=sem

Or the RTF version:
http://smile.amazon.com/Solarrific-...UTF8&qid=1424190737&sr=8-1&keywords=solar+hat

Last edited:

Trimax

or better yet have the registration team hover some quads above each one of use since there sitting althout I've seen Pat fly yikes......just sayin

Last edited:

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
or better yet have the registration team hover some quads above each one of use since there sitting......just sayin

Yeah, Fred kind of shot down my idea of using a squadron of Phantoms for that purpose -- and also leading cars to their spots via FPV. I suppose he's right. We'd lose them all to fly-aways in the first hour, I'd suspect.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
VIP Parking.

IMG_2962.JPG

Defog

Would it help to have a runner on two wheels with a talkie? I'm going to bring a small bike with me.

Trimax

we should have a quad runner but sure every thing might help well know more at assembly hate to see u peddle but it maybe good for another idea I have