FTFF15 Registration Team

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
imo the registration is for the lazy boys that dont want to walk the flight line.. :cool:

Hey Asb, it might not just be the lazy trouble makers... I walked over 20 miles on Friday last year:black_eyed: and didn't volunteer:(. I just don't think I can do that again as I am an old man!:cool:

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Hey guys. Looks like I am on the Registration team. someone mentioned coffee! cant wait to see you guys again.

Rob D

My wife and i are still interested in helping out where we can. Will be there Wednesday afternoon to evening time.
Thanks
Rob

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
No Problem!

He's got your info then, and if you included "I'd like to" info in that email, it'll be taken into account. If you didn't, I'm sure Flyboy will :)

allenajs

All are welcome in registration

Oddly, sitting in on registration sounds appealing to me. Get to meet and welcome everyone...AND be 'indoors'. But the flight line and build tents are where the action is. Is registration all paper or done on computer?

earthsciteach

Oooh. This guys asks good questions!

Allenajs - last year registration was a combination of 2 different lists (eventbrite and kickstarter) and pay-at-the-gate. This year it is my understanding that it will only be event brite and pay-at-the-gate which makes things SO much easier! Most who pay at the gate are local spectators and are very straightforward. Eventbrite is such a breeze to use for check-in.

We also have the registrants supply their AMA info on (is it 2 or three lists?) and last year the Furey's asked that folks signed a straight forward disclaimer releasing them of obligation if anything happened to someone on their property. The AMA lists were the bottle neck last year, but Sean and crew did a fantastic job of organizing those and getting people through.

I really enjoyed registration because I was one of the first to greet folks. The atmosphere is special and it is genuine when you get to say, "Welcome to Flite Fest!" Good stuff, man!

I will say, though, that Dan is a rock star in the build tent! He is one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet and did so much to make it happen last year. I hope to sneak into the build tent to do some "off the books" volunteering this year. Nothing like helping folks build.

Crash keeps us all safe and mended up. He's great with the younger kids who need attention. Another good guy. Heck, everyone is a pleasure to be around! You can't go wrong wherever you end up as a volunteer!

Last edited:

allenajs

Oooh. This guys asks good questions!

Thanks!! :)

A split between registration and build..that sounds perfect! Is that allowed?? I don't mind bending a rule or two but not a fan of breaking them. I love computers (28 years in just about every field) AND I love helping folks AND I love building with foam! Not an expert by any means but I know what goes where and why. And I've been told I have a way of breaking down complicated computer stuffs into bite-sized chunks for easy digestion. AND I enjoy working with kids....especially kids who take an interest in aviation. Way too few of them these days, IMHO.

I guess I will just take a seat wherever you guys put me. I am really open to anything since I have no idea what to expect. All I know is I will be there Wed evening sometime (7+ hour drive) and staying until you kick me out on Sunday.

So, a private pilot of 38 years, RC pilot for 35 years, woodworker, computer guy, and I can juggle.

Tell me where to sit and I will be happy! Guaran-dang-teed :p

Allen

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
We do our best to keep the rules reasoned and to a minimum so they're easy to bend and hard to break ;)

It may depend on when you want to volunteer, but Registration will have it's busier times toward the morning and calmer times later in the day. The build area is generally the opposite . . . but there's always room for a few hands throughout the whole day in both places.

I also expect there will be MANY people building and helping build in the build area, but only a fraction of those will be on-duty-volunteers. Many people will jump in and lend a hand for a moment, and there will be plenty of cool projects in process. I'll happily conscript people as long as they're willing. Don't let "I've already helped" be an excuse, so long as you want to help more :)

heh . . . Rock star in the build tent . . . and nerdy goof ball pretty much everywhere else ;)

Denibqatlh

I'd like to help out in Registration... and Parking... and Main Gate... and Build Tent... and anywhere else I can be of use. Not sure about flight line, as I've never been to a flying event before and I'm not a very good pilot. (I hope to get some noob flight time with the help of some of the veteran pilots.)