FTFF15 Registration Team

allenajs

I'd like to help out in Registration... and Parking... and Main Gate... and Build Tent... and anywhere else I can be of use. Not sure about flight line, as I've never been to a flying event before and I'm not a very good pilot. (I hope to get some noob flight time with the help of some of the veteran pilots.)

I kinda feel the same way. Not really knowing how any of this is going to work, I would love to try everything!
Flight Line is sounding more appealing the more I hear about the function from reading stuff from last year.
I love to help folks and am a half-decent pilot. Fast or slow, I haven't run across anything I couldn't fly. Even with reversed ailerons once! :eek:

I guess I will just see how Registration goes and branch from there wherever needed.

I do have one request.... Since I really don't know anyone other than The Joshes and Peter and some of the other guys by sight, what do you all think of using at least real first names?? Just a thought.

Allen

earthsciteach

I kinda feel the same way. Not really knowing how any of this is going to work, I would love to try everything!
Flight Line is sounding more appealing the more I hear about the function from reading stuff from last year.
I love to help folks and am a half-decent pilot. Fast or slow, I haven't run across anything I couldn't fly. Even with reversed ailerons once! :eek:

I guess I will just see how Registration goes and branch from there wherever needed.

I do have one request.... Since I really don't know anyone other than The Joshes and Peter and some of the other guys by sight, what do you all think of using at least real first names?? Just a thought.

Allen

I'll give ya my first AND last real name - Patrick Murphy. I'll be arriving sometime Thursday evening.

allenajs

I'll give ya my first AND last real name - Patrick Murphy. I'll be arriving sometime Thursday evening.

Well then, good day to you Patrick Murphy. Have a safe trip.
I am now planning on getting there in time for the meeting Wed night. Took an extra day off work just to make sure I don't miss a thing!

Allen Schmidt
Fredericksburg, Virginia
AeroRecon on RCGroups

Speaking of RCGroups....
Why is this event not on the top in the special event section?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Speaking of RCGroups....
Why is this event not on the top in the special event section?

Envy? ;)

Last year the thread was played up by a handful of fans (without any prompting I've seen), and were almost shouted down by some of the heavyweights with the point that it was not an independent event like SEFF/NALL/NEAT/etc but a vendor event. There conclusion was a vendor event didn't deserve the same prominence. Their point may be true, but there are few "vendors" like FT -- a hobby education company with a store tacked on instead of the typical hobby store with a video marketing department tacked on. True or not, I personally disagree with the conclusion

At the time there was no evidence that it would have an attendance in it's first year rivaling many of the big dogs -- even the district rep only heard about it the last minute-ish and planned to drop by for an hour or so . . . and was shocked.

It was also scheduled the same weekend as WATTS over Owatonna last year . . . which made some of the prominent RC community members pick between two events. I'm sure it wrankled some feathers, but in the summer something's happening every week. Hopefully the new dates will help ease that.

Now it's up to us to make sure FTFF isn't a one-off but an annual success -- every good year will win over more of the naysayers. It's a challenge, but we've got what we need to do it :)

allenajs

Envy? ;)

...snip...

Now it's up to us to make sure FTFF isn't a one-off but an annual success -- every good year will win over more of the naysayers. It's a challenge, but we've got what we need to do it :)

Thanks Dan! Good answer and I guess I see....

I made E-Fest 5 years in a row but from VA its a longgggg haul. 6 hours is much more doable and if the dates line up with family time, I plan on coming every year from now on that FliteFest is held.

Looking forward to the greatest RC event ever!

Allen Schmidt
Fredericksburg, Virginia

earthsciteach

Allen, it really is a special atmosphere. I'm so excited for it! Heck, I think I even convinced my wife to come next year!

allenajs

Allen, it really is a special atmosphere. I'm so excited for it! Heck, I think I even convinced my wife to come next year!

That's great!! Don't think that will ever happen in my house. ZERO RC interest from my wife and kids. Oh well....sometimes its nice to just get away and be fully absorbed with an activity and not have to worry about anyone else. Maybe that's just me....

FlairFan

Volunteer 'Team' assignments

I'd expressed interest in Registration, Flight Line, and Build Tent. And like so many others, the ever-popular "Wherever I'm needed" :)

I didn't attend (much less volunteer) last year, but am quite stoked for next week. So I guess we're just supposed to chime in on the various threads/teams?

Rick Tatem
Fuquay Varina, NC

Thankyou

a big thank you to all who put in so much of your time in registration ,It ran so very smooth thanks to all who made it that way Sean c (Flyboypres)

Rob D

It was a pleasure to meet you FlyBoyPres. The wife and I had a great time with great people. We were glad to help out and look forward to next year. I got 3 flights in the whole time but was still a blast. Im sure if i wasn't doing so much repairs on planes i would have got more air time lol.

Thanks again your a great leader was a pleasure

Rob & Penny Davis

PlaneAddicted

Cub Crazy
My son Lucas and I had a great time in the registration tent. It is always fun to talk to other models and find out where they are from.

John