FTFMM MARCH MADNESS - FTF STYLE!!!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
MM Soundoff - Marco!

OK guys I am back from my excursion to family.

Can we please each post a quick update?

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Well.... I got the canards (mostly) built! She sure as heck ain't ready to maiden... :confused:

Somehow I forgot that we were taking a week for family vacation in March which really put the final nail in the coffin for my March build plans. But I'm still plugging away on it!

FoamyDM

@ Fidget - While that may not have been where you wanted to be, you've made significant progress on approach and what most likely won't work. heck that's 60-90% of most inventive processes

Challenge NOTE:

I think Pencils down will be Tomorrow Evening.
I will look through the projects and rate them via scoring rubric, followed shortly by the bracket and the polls

Personal note/excuses: I have spent much of the times I have for the challenge builds, with Foxtail each building FT Simple Scouts together, and a STEM teacher getting ready to introduce FT build techniques and glider building to middle school students.

Sadly the productivity has been minor:
  • VF-9 Motor installed, controls are mostly set, canards need work.
  • LPL Flying Submarine Rebuild motor electronics are half-installed. hoping to get the other half tonight.

Special of the Week crashed...

WP_20180409_20_18_54_Pro[1].jpg

Hey, at least it's least repairable. :)

FoamyDM

Hobby Knives Down!

Alright, I've procrastinated/been-distracted enough;

Hobby Knifes Down.

I will be going through the projects this week and score leading to a placement seed. From there I will set up the bracket!
By all means, please continue your efforts. Finish what we started (and continued). Let's drum up some attention here. Each bracket will have a week for polls.

Do your best! Good luck to all!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Another great challenge Foamy, I think we need to do a super June where we make large designs for FFE this year then fly them all together there. Just an idea but I think it would be cool, plus I have a giant 500kv 6s motor that needs a home...

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Family and voting!

Well.... I got the canards (mostly) built! She sure as heck ain't ready to maiden... :confused:

Somehow I forgot that we were taking a week for family vacation in March which really put the final nail in the coffin for my March build plans. But I'm still plugging away on it!

I hate it when that happens :p keep at it. While pencils might be down, people still review your page to see the progress when they vote next week. so Keep at it!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I finished my design, built and flew the prototype. Plans have been released and at least one other forum member has built and flown the Bloody Brit! Good luck in the bracket everyone.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I know you made the knives down announcement already but Im going to share my beautiful canard pictures any way :D

Look at that late war winter camouflage design...

20180429_222759-1280x720.jpg

And the JVM44 Gallands Circus paint job on the bottom - with servos and control links installed! These could be fully working wings on a smaller plane! :)

20180429_230848-1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

FoamyDM

The Knives down call is more about announcing where I'm going to do the judgement/scoring from, and not asking y'all to stop.

Please finish your projects.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I think you should just make another airplane out of those beautiful canards lol, they are definitely big enough.

Also foamy if you have some time to spare you might just want to check out the link in my signature.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
The Knives down call is more about announcing where I'm going to do the judgement/scoring from, and not asking y'all to stop.

Yep - just acknowledging that I'm way late on this :p

I think you should just make another airplane out of those beautiful canards lol, they are definitely big enough.

I'd be too tempted to throw in the towel on the 8 foot build if I did that... :unsure:

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
awe man.. i feel so disconnected from you folks now after being away for so long... guess im going to have to post dozens of times per day every day for a while and enjoy everyone again in order to catch up!!