Fueling Station

For almost three years I have had an Evo15GX2 slated to go on a 15cc carbon cub. Having only owned glow and electric, I didn’t have a gasoline fueling station. It’s sad, but I haven’t assembled the plane because I didn’t have a fueling setup. I finally bit the bullet and put together a fueling station. The cap fittings are the Du-Bro 807 kit, and the pump is the Hangar 9 ultra pump. I am a little redneck, so I used an old license plate for the pump mount. All told, it was about $50 for everything. Not a terrible deal for a ready to go fuel station. The clear tubing came with the pump and is supposed to be gasoline compatible, we’ll see..... I am half expecting to replace it with tygon.

Attachments

• E76A99E3-202A-4FBB-ADD6-DFFAAF5BF3E6.jpeg
    E76A99E3-202A-4FBB-ADD6-DFFAAF5BF3E6.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Nice. Tygon is good, but the stuff I have seems to harden after a season. I’d love to find some gas line that stays more flexible.

There are options that stay supple longer, but they are typically opaque. I don’t mind replacing tubing to keep clear tube. It’s nice to see the fuel. I find I make fewer messes that way.