Full scale fpv

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I went flying(right seat) In the mountains recently and did a little full scale fpv.:cool:
Enjoy.
Camera kodak 203.JPG Camera kodak 204.JPG Camera kodak 348.JPG Camera kodak 348.JPG Camera kodak 350.JPG

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Golden Colorado.
I took these from a Cessna 182.
between these pics, I was flying, I actually managed to navigate from the continental divide back to KBJC using I.F.R.
I Follow Railroads!:black_eyed:
Camera kodak 343.JPG Camera kodak 345.JPG

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
No. There is a stretch of air space between loveland and Ft.Collins where DIA's airspace bumps up to the mountains, and no one wants to ask DIA's clearance, and not everyone is cleared to fly in the mountains. (don't quote me, this is how I remember it) There is a 1 mile wide by 4 mile long gap where everyone is nice and legal, and all north south non commercial air traffic comes through here. Any way, I was flying to Loveland-Ft. Collins, and our screen got a yellow blip on it, the pilot said it was a collision course notification, and we altered our course down, up, left, and right. The blip did everything we did, so we called it an echo for a few seconds, Then... TURN LEFT NOW, TURN LEFT NOW, TURN LEFT NOW. faster and faster the alarm was blaring. The pilot did a diving left turn, and that dive is the only reason I am here. The collision alarm actually was turning us at him. The pilot and I never saw him, but our back seater did, it went right over us and we sure felt him, the plane kicked into a 3000fpm dive and left turn.
My hands are shaking as I remember this, so forgive poor spelling.
This is almost unbelievable, but this has no exaggeration or fishiness. I still have nightmares about it.
I don,t have pics, as I had been flying and trying to keep away from the airspace.
Anyway that is my full scale combat.

Last edited: