Full size Arrow?

Arcfyre

Elite member
Are there plans out there somewhere for a full size Arrow? I built the mighty mini version but I'm having trouble fitting anything but my smallest 2S into it. I don't really want to buy a new battery just to fly this thing.

Arcfyre

Elite member
Thanks for the replies. I have several Versas, and you can tell while building them that they are an early design. The arrow is much more intuitive with fewer parts and more mature design, hence my desire for a larger one. I don't really care for the look of the spear, so I think I'll try scaling up the arrow plans.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
On my last Arrow, I used the optional wing bays and put my receiver in there. The newer and slimmer 800-850 mah 3 cell packs will fit as well.

jaredstrees

On my last Arrow, I used the optional wing bays and put my receiver in there. The newer and slimmer 800-850 mah 3 cell packs will fit as well.

I did the same thing and my 850mah 3s fit fine. I believe I even put my esc up there to help balance and just added a little wire for the motor. Funny thing is my arrows never seem to last long. I have a habit of loosing orientation and slamming them into the earth. Oh well. Quick builds for sure!

Arcfyre

Elite member
So I took some time tonight and customized my Versa wing a little bit. I created a cut out in the trailing edge of the wing which allowed me to move the motor mount forward by a massive 4".

The corresponding shift in CG means that I could remove 2 large bolts and 6 washers worth of useless ballast. It balances slightly nose heavy now with my smallest 1000 mAh 3S, when before it would barely balance with a 1500. Looking forward to taking this for a spin tomorrow.
20181011_193335.jpg

Arcfyre

Elite member
Remaidened my wing. It flew phenomenally well while it stayed together. Unfortunately, I guess I removed a little bit too much of the foam structure. It didn't stay together and cracked on the long axis. Luckily it just crashed into the grass and I was able to recover all of the electronics. I doubt this one will ever fly again. I plan on adding a small spar inside the next one to reinforce the structure.
20181012_075810.jpg