Full Size FT Corsair

Tjhochha

Howdy,
I scaled up the FT Corsair plans and built a full size plane with a 38" wing span and 30" long. It weighs 1.0 lb painted with receiver and servos but no motor pod.
It had some CG issues so I had to redesign the fuselage. My design has a rolled FB lower half instead of the card stock. It's a little tough to keep the fuse square with this method though.
I have not built the fuse from these plans yet, the design is based off of the measurements of the fuselage I scratch built. It works alright with a B power pack and a 1300 mAh Battery in the front of the power pod. It flies really docile with 4 quarters glued to the fairing just below the motor, it's a little oversensitive for me without them. I've only been flying for a month or so. I bet it screams with a bit more power.

Let me know what you guys think. The plans are Ledger-ANSI B-11x17.

Attachments

• FT_Corsair 0.2.pdf
    185 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6937.JPG
    IMG_6937.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6938.JPG
    IMG_6938.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6939.JPG
    IMG_6939.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

danbob

That looks great, good job :)
I was thinking the other day doing a 200% of the mighty mini, this has convinced me to have a go.
Any video's of it flying?

Tjhochha

That looks great, good job :)
I was thinking the other day doing a 200% of the mighty mini, this has convinced me to have a go.
Any video's of it flying?
So far, I've only flown it alone and it's still a handful for me. I will try to get a hold of somebody to take some video for me.

Great looking plane. So how did you keep everything square?
It should be a bit easier with this design, it's slightly different than my current plane. my fuse is 2 pieces, there is a seam at the crease at the back of the fuse. I glued the front half to the new curved guide piece, and to the top half of the fuse, that was when I realized there was some twist in the fuse. I added a small curved piece to the back of the fuse just in front of the vert. stabilizer and was able to do some torquing and the glue held it in place.

That is a sharp looking Corsair.
Thanks!

Is your wing build like the mini with the popsicle stick connecting the two halves?
My wing is built exactly like the mini, I didn't have a popsicle stick to use and the crack is slightly larger so I just cut some scrap to fit in the gap and used plenty of glue.