Full Throttle

NL466RCFlyer

Hi,
I am a brand new Flyzone Sensei RTF owner. It is my first 4-channel (actually 5) after starting with a Hobby Zone Champ RTF but I have been putting off the maiden flight because I have run across what I consider a problem. This morning after finishing the assembly of the plane and running some tests with the radio I accidently shut off the radio before unplugging the plane. When I did the plane went to full throttle! Luckily the prop wasn't installed at that point.

I know that turning the radio off first was a mistake but this could happen accidentally at any time. Is this normal? Is this what would happen if the plane lost radio contact? Should I reprogram the failsafe? Would that fix the problem? A little advice is welcome from anyone.

Carl

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Carl,

First off, Welcome to the Forum!

To answer your questions:

Yes.

Yes.

Yes, if you can.

Probably.

Hate to say it, but the first thing to check is the manual for that receiver(RX). Each RX brand is different in how the failsafe is set and within a brand how the failsafe is implemented (if it is) can vary with each RX model.

Take a look at it for the "how", and if it doesn't make sense, please ask and we'll lend a hand :)

For what you set it to will vary on personal taste, but while you're still learning, it's probably best to go neutral on Aileron and Elevator, a touch of Rudder (to circle back) and no Throttle. If you get her in the air then trim it out in your radio, your right stick trims should be right for the first two, and for the third, trim the rudder half way over to one side to get the turn.

NL466RCFlyer

Problem Solved

Thanks for your replies folks. I have the RTF version which comes with the Tactic ttx600/TR625 it was very easy to rebind. I rebound (rebinded??) the Rx/Tx and everything worked as it should.

Carl