Fullfilling the dream... the ultimate rubber powered airplane

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
The big 62" model has been hiding in a box for the past 6 months. I finally got it out, built a new smaller wide blade prop, and promptly reeled off a 38+ minute flight at yesterday's Cat 1 indoor contest. This is within 90 seconds of the world record, so it's time to get the paperwork rolling for an FAI contest sanction.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
I finally got around to editing some more of the construction videos. Here's the longest, most boring, and most unclear model airplane construction video over, aka, sticking invisible wires on a plane!

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Nighthawk Gliders filmed some super footage of my Hourglass III putting in its first 40+ minute flight. This is a major milestone on the road to getting to this plane's full potential. And yes, I made all the repairs before putting it away, so it's already set to fly again!

Paracodespoder

Elite member
You sure that is not a slo-mo video ;). Just kidding, that is truly amazing how slow and long it flies for. It looks majestic and graceful, even when all you can see up there is a stick floating through the air. Great work.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
This is a superb collection of videos sharing your love of this aspect of the hobby as well as a "here's how you can do it too." sentiment.
Thank you for putting this all in one thread.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I have a toothless Chuck Glider desgined and built.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/stem-time-cub-camp.58662/
PlansPDFimage.PNG
Mass Production (100 Kits) starts friday.

Attachments

• NightFury-ModelvA2.pdf
    74.4 KB · Views: 0

Iridescent Wings

Hey Josh, what would happen if you made that Hourglass into a biplane? Y'know, stick a second wing on top and rig it up in between them like the Wright Flyer?