Fun Fighters

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

In this episode of Flite Test Josh, Josh and David show us two new planes exclusive to HobbyKing. These Fun Fighters have been upgraded with some serious power. Watch to see how they perform in the air!

Click below for exclusive links to these great little planes:

<strong>A-1 Skyraider EPO 640mm</strong>
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...r_EPO_640mm_PNP_INCL_HIGH_SPEC_3S_4S_ESC.html

&nbsp;

20856.jpg

&nbsp;

<strong>Sea Fury EPO 600mm</strong>
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20857

20857.jpg

see_article.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
YES!!! Awesome episode. Good planes + Good crew = Awesome to power of 2 times the quality of the episode which is great as always!

Really nice one! Good job!

Snoggle

those funfighters simply rock! i have the rarebear of that series and it flies so great and FAST. using 1300 mah nanotechs 45-90C in it... the heigher weight really helps building up even more speed and you get noticeably longer flighttime...

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Chad (or Josh or anybody who may know?)- Are the pre-orders going to be shipped from the USA Warehouse or are they coming from Hong Kong?

Snoggle

Just put one into my cart and it is from the international warehouse (HK) since i cannot put another item from my local warehouse to the cart (products from different warehouses cannot be mixed in one order)

btw, here is a video of me flying the rarebear from this series... on 3s only but still pretty fast. unluckily i have no decent camera and it is hard to film those speedies anyway.

earthsciteach

"Obnoxiously fast!" Sign me up! I see one of these in my near future. Nice episode, gents. I've seen these around, but have had reservations. I assumed they would be woefully underpowered. Guess I'm wrong. So many things I want, so little money!

sandblaster

Rare Bear in sim Aerofly 5.7 goes over 90 knots, which is over 104 mph. 1:1 has a 4000 hp engine. It is so fast just like your video shows. It's not on my want list either.

John Campbell

Another great episode from Hobby King... Really enjoyed it.

Note to the Close Up camera guy... Check your lens, towards the end of the episode when they are discussing how they liked it there appears to be either something on the lens, or even worse a dead pixel. Major green spot in the video starting between 7:48 and 8:57 in the video.... I hope it is only dirt or other debrie, other wise it is an expensive repair ;(

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Another great episode from Hobby King... Really enjoyed it.

Note to the Close Up camera guy... Check your lens, towards the end of the episode when they are discussing how they liked it there appears to be either something on the lens, or even worse a dead pixel. Major green spot in the video starting between 7:48 and 8:57 in the video.... I hope it is only dirt or other debrie, other wise it is an expensive repair ;(

*watches again*

You are incredibly alert! I never noticed that!

Though I don't think it's debris, since if you hold your mouse over it it will appear to move... I think it's a small sun flare spot... WDYT?

Last edited:

John Campbell

*watches again*

You are incredibly alert! I never noticed that!

Though I don't think it's debris, since if you hold your mouse over it it will appear to move... I think it's a small sun flare spot... WDYT?

Ran back through it... It is moving... Could be the sun, but I have never seen a Sunspot that was so green and not lines leading around it... Most of the time the spot will have lines are arms leading out from it in a burst pattern... Another thing that just does not seem right, is it appears to be some what of a cloudy day at the interview and the sun is off to the side. I wonder if something is or was on the lens (lint maybe) that attracted a fragment of light. The green looks very suspicious... Maybe a good lens cleaning is in order... Good practice on a regular basis anyway.

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
It was either the sun, or a laser beaming down from one of the WWII Foo Fighters. :D

For anyone who may not be familiar this bit of historical aviation folklore, the "Foo Fighters" originally, where UFO's reported by WWII fighter pilots. Also, around the same time, other WWII pilots where reporting the first sightings of a elfish mechanical menace that they called a "Gremlin". :cool:

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It was either the sun, or a laser beaming down from one of the WWII Foo Fighters. :D

For anyone who may not be familiar this bit of historical aviation folklore, the "Foo Fighters" originally, where UFO's reported by WWII fighter pilots. Also, around the same time, other WWII pilots where reporting the first sightings of a elfish mechanical menace that they called a "Gremlin". :cool:

Very nice tie in!

John Campbell

Good one... After looking back through history, the Foo Fighters did have "Green Lasers" that could move around... Maybe they are looking for some education into remote control for future attacks on our world... Better tell Josh Bixler to lay low... We would not want to loose him to the Aliens, or have other unspeakables done to him... LOL :)

Fatfish

Well done, nice episode.

I really enjoy this kind of planes, though i think i need a little more praxis with my current not-that-fast-planes and maybe eyeglasses cause these little beauties here are so pretty fast, i assume you losse sight instantly. Also very nice setup of the planes itself. I wonder, if they come with spare props since it seems obvious that you will brake them often.

I had the feeling, that the flying part of the episode was a bit rushed - usually JB flies a bit and then trims the plane and then flies it again; or are the planes that wobbly, that setting up dual rates wouldn't improve this issue?

Snoggle

I wonder, if they come with spare props since it seems obvious that you will brake them often.

the other funfighters of this series that are already available come with 3 props (5.5x4.5) one already mounted and 2 spare

or are the planes that wobbly, that setting up dual rates wouldn't improve this issue?

on this kind of planes you really don't need dual rates because there is absolutely no need for high throws. at the speeds these funfighters fly even the least bit of elevator or aileron deflection will lead to vast outputs.

i fly my rarebear funfighter with 50% rates on aileron and 65% on elevator and even that is a lot more than necessary, especially when doing high speed runs on 4S packs!

Fatfish

on this kind of planes you really don't need dual rates because there is absolutely no need for high throws. at the speeds these funfighters fly even the least bit of elevator or aileron deflection will lead to vast outputs.

i fly my rarebear funfighter with 50% rates on aileron and 65% on elevator and even that is a lot more than necessary, especially when doing high speed runs on 4S packs!

Ok. Thank you for that. Have you ever tested your rare bear at 3S?