FUNBAT - BloodyMicks

earthsciteach

Hmmm... With the Funbat, I'd worry about cg issues. I think you'd have to add a lot of weight to the nose, or a bigger heavier motor. Yeah, BIGGER motor...:D

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yeah- I thought Chad had one in his hands at one time but I don't think they ever did a build thread on it...
Maybe it sucked? Seems like it was one of the challenge shows.
Andre will figure it out...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It might be a little excessive... but excessive is good. It will be heavy, and you probably wouldn't want more than a 3s1300 for the battery, and check for balance, but it will certainly fly with it.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
would a turnigy park 450 motor be good for this plane?

Hi Corsair.

I made a FunBat once with a Park450 and a 1300mAh battery. It is not relaxing to fly, that I can tell you. Fly slow, and you'll stall. I spent most of the time trying not to crash it! But it will have unlimited vertical with a 10x3.8 or 9x4 prop!

If you still want to use that, then I'd recommend you scale the plans to 150% or 200% to get nice flying characteristics.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
That will be a fine motor for "unlimited" flying as long as you keep the total weight (battery size) down.

You kan prop down until the power gets to low for the plane/weight.
on 3 cells - 8*4 will be fine and perhaps 7*6 but i guess that smaller will be hard to fly unless you make a bigger span / lower wingload. More cells and you can prop down more but you will only get speed - no slow flying power.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
..also what battery .. to keep the weight down?
Max 18 A Max 336W - it says.
There is not much place in the fuse if you have a receiver and an esc in there. And the motor is kind of heavy and you want to keep the weight in the nose down as much as possible. Also - low total weight makes the plane more durable.
I would go for a less powerful 3S with possibility to give at least 400W not to ballon the battery to fast.
One possible option is
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=20749
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=18205

Get at least 2 batteries to allow more flying time.